Freightdog Models and Combat Kits new items for Telford 2018

Firstly thanks to Mike for giving me access to the Manufacturers News section. New and re-issued items for Telford, mostly packed up and ready to go, all 1/72 unless otherwise stated;

Complete kits;

Supermarine Seafire Mk.Ib (cooperation with Kovozavody Prostejov - HQT plastic and resin parts)

Saro SR.177 RAF boxing (complete resin kit, revised parts and new RAF decals)

Supermarine 327 'Shrew' (complete resin kit, re-stocked)

Avro 720 (complete resin kit, re-issue)

Conversions;

Avro Lancaster ASR.III/GR.3 with Airborne Lifeboat Mk.IIA (resin with clear vacform)

Phantom FGR.2 Redtop missiles and pylons (proposed fit instead of Sidewinders)

Canberra B.(I)8 weapons set (accurate gun pack, wing pylons and training bombs, for FROG kit also applicable to B.6 kits) 

Sharing my stand,  Combat Kits (all resin) new releases will be;

Blackburn Firebrand TF.II 1/48 

Blackburn Firebrand TF/5 1/48

Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer CC.1/2 1/72

Scottish Aviation Pioneer CC.1 1/72

BAe Mantis UAV 1/72 (complete kit sample batch, no decals)

Avro Lancastrian Nene testbed 1/72 (conversion set)

Rushton Target set 1/72 (conversion set)

I'm happy to take pre-orders, but also not very organised, so pick them up Saturday morning if you can! Any questions please let me now.  I will have lots of restocked Freightdog resin sets to. 

Thanks,

Colin

Edited by Colin @ Freightdog Models
spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Colin, not sure if you speak for Combat Kits, but is there a chance they'll offer the Lancastrian conversion for the airliner version? I'm not up to speed on the differences between this and the Nene version so they may be very similar but the Blackbirds effort seems to be nonexistent and from what I've heard, it's better than the M+E kit from years ago but still not perfect.

Thanks,

Jeff

51 minutes ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

Hi Colin, not sure if you speak for Combat Kits, but is there a chance they'll offer the Lancastrian conversion for the airliner version? I'm not up to speed on the differences between this and the Nene version so they may be very similar but the Blackbirds effort seems to be nonexistent and from what I've heard, it's better than the M+E kit from years ago but still not perfect.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I think can speak for Dave from Combat Kits as he is not on the forum. There will probably be three versions, Nene, airline and military transport. Decals are not included in this set (as its just roundels and codes that can easily be found) but the other versions will have decals, or Combat may do a stand alone Lancastrian sheet will follow that will apply to all three versions. It really depends how well the Nene set sells. Its as great conversion, researched and mastered by Paul Lucas, same as my ASR.III set. 

Colin   

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 5:14 PM, Beard said:

I'll have to buy several of them.

Hope you have some left over from Telford as i need 2 of these! Will they be on the website soon?

Arabest,

Geoff.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, The Tomohawk Kid said:

I'm not going to Telford, how do I order a Combat Kit Twin Pioneer, and how much.

Ta.

Thommo.

Hi Thommo,

Price on the Twin Pioneer is £45.00 plus postage, pm me your email and I will put you in touch with Dave Little of Combat Kits and he can arrange for you. 

Colin

I will beat Colin to the draw and say it was at Telford and looked very nice. I would have bought one, if I was not in the middle of building the original issue. The parts look cleaner and the canopies are beautifully clear with the frame lines on the outside unlike mine where they on the inside of the canopy, which is not going to help masking. 

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, Mike Esposito said:

Are you going to re release the SR.177? I live in the states. Would love to get one!😎

Hi Mike, sorry for late reply. I don't have any current stockist in the US but I am more than happy to post items there. Postage charge for one SR.177 kit is £8.50.

Colin 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, colossusfr said:

Hi,

Is there any chance to see the BAe Mantis still on sale ?

Alain

Hi Alain,

Sorry for late reply, Yes we have a few left from Telford pre-production batch but these are without decals, so ideally for what-if Modellers, if you prefer to wait for one with the prototype decals these should hopefully be available in February.

Colin

• 1 month later...

Colin,

I sent a message using the online form in Freightdog website but got no reply. I want to buy a Lancastrian Avon testbed conversion set. Need it shipped to Brazil. 

Can you contact me off line?

Thanks!

Lucio

• 9 months later...

Hey all, I was talking to a guy at this years Telford show who was selling improved/re tooled 1:48 firebrand resin kits. I’ve tried to find them on the net with no luck. Could someone put me in touch with him please. I was very interested in a kit, but didn’t get chance to go back to the stall. Thanks a lot guys. 
Phil

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:37 AM, tk1608 said:

Hey all, I was talking to a guy at this years Telford show who was selling improved/re tooled 1:48 firebrand resin kits. I’ve tried to find them on the net with no luck. Could someone put me in touch with him please. I was very interested in a kit, but didn’t get chance to go back to the stall. Thanks a lot guys. 
Phil

Hi Phil, I will pm you contact details now.

Colin