This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Miguel Rivero

Modeling after more than 25 years.

Codger, the fenders y apply Molotow Liquid Chrome, I used air brush, my concern is with handlic the finish, do not know if the finish is stong enough for finger prints or sow, do not know if a clear coat can be applay and how will react! Any feed back/recomendatin from any member will be appreciated. Even I can say so far that Molotow Liquid Chrome is the close as posible to Chrome plated. I like the looking, but handling?

10 hours ago, Miguel Rivero said:

Codger, the fenders y apply Molotow Liquid Chrome, I used air brush, my concern is with handlic the finish, do not know if the finish is stong enough for finger prints or sow, do not know if a clear coat can be applay and how will react! Any feed back/recomendatin from any member will be appreciated. Even I can say so far that Molotow Liquid Chrome is the close as posible to Chrome plated. I like the looking, but handling?

DO NOT CLEAR COAT. That will completely change the finish.

Depending how long ago you applied the Molotow is should be very good to handle. To be safe  - handle as little as possible and always wear cotton or latex gloves. Test a small area , like a tire sidemount well or under fender or other hidden area.

The best finish for it comes when applied to bare black plastic that has been polished.

I shoud ask, how should I tqke care of any finger prints or affected areas?, 

I wil handle it with care and test as you suggested!

regardss

51 minutes ago, Miguel Rivero said:

I shoud ask, how should I tqke care of any finger prints or affected areas?, 

I wil handle it with care and test as you suggested!

regardss

You can't polish it. It should remain just as it came out of airbrush. Removing fingerprints I think is almost impossible BUT:

Try this; on a TEST piece of plastic or old small model, spray Molotow. Let dry a day then remove it with isopropyl alcohol. If it removes cleanly you can respray. On the Rolls it would be best to do a whole panel this way if it works - not just a spot repair.

I will try, thanks for the advice! 

I thought that probably I will end up repainting the complete panel.

Metalizer paints are very difficult to spot fix, it is better to do the whole panel, that is correct.

Thanks.

Miguel.