Modeling after more than 25 years.

13 hours ago, Miguel Rivero said:

Any project like this will require more thinking than the one I thought before, but looking to the information I have seen came to me too late and I will have to work it out.

Certainly true. But you can build a very nice model without many advanced techniques.

Advanced techniques such as these require learning then planning. They are a big commitment of time and money. Hopefully you will apply them to your next Pocher.

Hi to all.

Thinking I will explore to work in the lighting with LED's and I will look in to the Chrismas Trees light series, I've seen small led bulbs and different colors, white, red, green,yellow can be use, of course will require to know how can I do the electrical arrengement and/or defining the wiring diagram initially. 

As I said the wiring will go from the vehicle down to the case base where I can do wiring in the base and have switches for front, stop, direccional, fog lamps etc. so will be very interesting how can I will be able to work out.

Give me some time and see what I can come with, and I will update my outcome.

Have a nice week.

• Like 1

In the mean time I´ve done some additional work to the RR, the door windows frame, it was a challenge, since the vehicle is built and is not easy. The rear door has it now, working in the rest of the doors, I hope I will have them by the end of the week.

0e866d9d-4784-469d-940d-31debd9acaf6.jpg

Also I did start to adjust the hood, many might say why I was doing this the wrong way, unfortunatly the conditions of the vehicle are in such manner that I see very difficult to dis assembly to do this I have to run some risk and hope I will end up in a good shape.

This is what I done to the hood, the back side is adjusted, now I will have to work in the front adjusment. Isn't going to be easy! After the adjustment is done I will paint the hood with LC from Molotow as the fenders are.

e5675dea-67bd-4dbd-afe1-09f0c9ad9d2b.jpg

Good day to all.

• Like 2

It is extremely difficult to improve and modify a kit already partially assembled but you are doing very worth-while work. Beautiful Molotow application on the fenders...

The hood panels are among the most difficult to get right. Many areas (cowl, fender apron, radiator, top panel)  are in contact with them and all need adjustment large and small. Note the gap at the radiator. Tilting it (it must be 90 degrees to the frame) requires loosening the screws from below into the crossmember - so hard on a finished model. Sometimes the fix is a bit of tilting plus a bit of sanding (or even addition of material at the leading and trailing edges of the side panel) to get right. I worked for weeks on mine.

This has material added at the rear top edges to lengthen it and new raised scalloped outer moldings. The curvature at the grille top was mated to the grille shell. The side panels were a story unto themselves - can be read in my thread.

IMG-6539-M.jpg

Codger, you are correct, modifying a parcially build is not easy.  You have a point, regarding the radiator, I will asure it is perpendicular and for sure adding material to the hood will be needed, I will add material in the front and assure it matches in place with a reasonable gap. 

I f you see the hood in the close area to the radiator is the gap I need to fill as well as the bottom part with the rail, but I think I will be able to manage it.

The fender, is the wan not looking good! the other side I think is better in finishing. On the other hand I can tell you that the LC from Molotow it requires a long time for drying, after a week I was able to live fingerprints but yesterday (about 4 weeks) the story is different.

I'm confident that some upgrades will be made and be good for the model.

• Like 1

As I mentioned, I was going to work in the lighting and here is my progress:

8cbb5bd1-620c-4e9d-bef8-f67855110f7c.jpg

one light is on (right) the other is off. these are the first units, the main ones are in the process and as well as the ones in the fender.

This last ones (the fender ones) are much more complicated since I need to figure out how I will sort out the wiring to provide power to them, ( I think I do have a potencial idea)

I use 5mm diameter leds, being my main stream for lighting.

I will keep you posted.

Have a great weekend to all!

Edited by Miguel Rivero
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, CrazyCrank said:

Hi Miguel

I think, looking at your amazing RR, that you should consider enhancing the hood latches, should you ?

Friendly

CC

CC I will look in to it! why not?

Have a nice weekend.

• Like 1