1/72 - de Havilland DH.106 Comet 4C by Mach 2 - released - Whirlybird Models exhaust pipes

Homebee

To be fair, apart from the wonky cabin windows on the Dan-Air version, that doesn't look too bad at all.  Much better than the Airways vac-form kit lurking in my stash. Two of the best schemes applicable to the 4C as well in my opinion.

Not able to attend the show this year unfortunately, so looking forward to some more pictures.

Chris.

• Like 1

It looks sweet and half the price of the Welsh kit too. I'm hesitant to comment on pictures, but it does look like Mach 2 have captured the nose profile rather well.

I can already hear the AM decal printing machines winding up to full speed as I write.

Tommo

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

11 hours ago, Radleigh said:

off my iphone

Thanks very much .. They look ace .. £55 isn't too bad . You bought one yet ?!!!

I also spotted a Northeast Convair 990 too in a cabinet behind the Dan's . Glad I'm not there , empty my card in minutes

I'll be looking forward to getting one of these. 

I agree that it does look rather good in these two schemes with the RAF version being particularly nice, apart from the reversed fin flash on starboard side, or was it on loan to the French Air Force?? 😁 

Definitely a good choice of model though. 

• Haha 1

Un sujet magnifique! :wub:  

However, I was once badly bitten by a Mach 2 Valiant as a young man, so I remain a little shy... I think I will await the verdict of those more learned than I in the art of scale model construction, before I press the trigger on ordering one.

Rich 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cngaero said:

I'll be looking forward to getting one of these. 

I agree that it does look rather good in these two schemes with the RAF version being particularly nice, apart from the reversed fin flash on starboard side, or was it on loan to the French Air Force?? 😁 

...and the white outline to the fuselage roundel. Cockpit windows don't look quite straight either, but I'm sure that could be corrected.

A 'must have' for me, as I have flown on all five of the RAF's Comet C.4s.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bzn20 said:

Thanks very much .. They look ace .. £55 isn't too bad . You bought one yet ?!!!

I also spotted a Northeast Convair 990 too in a cabinet behind the Dan's . Glad I'm not there , empty my card in minutes

That’ll be the F-RSIN 1/144 kit - I beleive Mach 2 do their injection kits. I have their Comet 1, not bad but a bit rough

• Thanks 1

Built a Mach II PBM over a dozen years ago, at least.  Clear pieces were nearly opaque.  No amount of polishing helped.  Never again.  Life’s too short for that sort of misery.  You Comet-heads go on ahead.  I’ll just watch from the sidelines.  Good luck.

Having got one yesterday and having had chance to have a preliminary look at it, so far I am quite impressed. It does not have the same amount of flash that earlier kits have and the parts look generally well moulded with good surface detail. The trailing edges of the wings and tailplanes will need a bit of thinning, but that is not surprising. The transperancies look clear and are a huge improvement on earlier kits like the Frelon. The decals are usable, but I have my doubts over the font used. The wheel detail looks suspect and I think I have a set I bought to go with the Airways? kit which is now unlikely to be built and will now be free to a good home if I can find it. 

Edited by Mr T
Blasted autocorrect
  • Like 5