1/72 - de Havilland DH.106 Comet 4C by Mach 2 - released - Whirlybird Models exhaust pipes

Homebee

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I've just learned from my sources that it's a Comet 4C in RAF and DanAir markings, which is from  @bentwaters81tfw , who spoke to Didier today at Telford.  There you go!  Speculation ended ^_^

So, it's the next best thing to a VC10! I'll be having a couple.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - de Havilland DH.106 Comet 4C by Mach 2 at Telford
1 hour ago, robertlundin said:

BEA red box livery

They were  4Bs ,you'll have to alter the wings to a shorter span and delete the A tanks

1 hour ago, robertlundin said:

I wonder who’s going to be first to offer a Nimrod conversion (runs away bravely and dives bravelier for cover...............)

Bzn20’s plan has some merit too.......BEA, Olympic, Dan-Air to name but 3 possibilities, plus G-ANLO/XP915.  Any thoughts on the later Dan-Air scheme with tapered red and blue cheat lines?

Edited by stever219

5 minutes ago, stever219 said:

I wonder who’s going to be first to offer a Nimrod conversion (runs away bravely and dives bravelier for cover...............)

Airfix! It will replace all the Mach 2 kit parts and even come with decals.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, stever219 said:

Any thoughts on the later Dan-Air scheme

I've never seen a Red and Blue Dan-Air Comet . The scrap yard at Lasham was full of them and none in those colours. . I think that scheme came out after the Comet's service. Have you got a picture of one or link ? It would look pretty good, anything would be better than that Red and Black .

Edited by bzn20

2 hours ago, robertlundin said:

It's a 4C not a 4B, therefore no option for the BEA 'red square' livery.

Tho' by a simply shortening the fuselage, it will be possible to model a Comet 4. It will still not help you if want a BEA liveried machine.

Tommo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

What about a BOAC one!!?? No one has mentioned it.  Nice real one to look at at Duxford.   As for the 'Dan Dare'( as we used to call Dan Air back then) in red and blue most certainly wasn't any that  I recall.

30 minutes ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

BOAC

Comet 4s only .

30 minutes ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Saudia

Saudi Royal Flight , SA-R-7 , that has to be one of the best schemes of all time. I saw that at Heathrow from the old A4 North Terminal 1962 . Crashed  in the Alps 1963 . This scheme was designed by John Stroud .

p6comsa1.jpg

Egypt's United Arab Airlines was Misrair when they ordered the 4C. They also flew with Egyptair titles post President Nasser .

8 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Olympic?

Those were 4Bs

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

BOAC operated both 4s and 4Cs

Best give out the 4C registrations then . I replied to you yesterday, my dad was a BOAC Comet 4 Flt Eng on G-APDA-PDT That's all they ordered and operated . Are you mixing up the pinion/ A tanks on the leading edge as  4C only ?

The Malaysia Singapore Comets were 4s too, ex BOAC

Edited by bzn20

4 minutes ago, bzn20 said:

Best give out the 4C registrations then . I replied to you yesterday, my dad was a BOAC Comet 4 Flt Eng on G-APDA-PDT That's all they ordered and operated . Are you mixing up the pinion/ A tanks on the leading edge as  4C only .

The Malaysia Singapore Comets were 4s too, ex BOAC

Hmmm, curious?

Tommo.

23 minutes ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

I forgot to add Channel Airways

They were ex Olympic 4Bs in Olympic scheme minus the fin rings and titles , plain dk Blue fin

7 minutes ago, Jo NZ said:

Comet - XW626

Ex BOAC , it's a Comet 4 G-APDS .

Edited by bzn20