1/48 - North American F-82E/F/G/H Twin Mustang by Modelsvit - F-82F/G & E/H released

Homebee

Two dedicated resin exhaust upgrade sets

Already available by Aerocraft Models

https://aerocraftmodels.bigcartel.com/product/f-82-f-g-mustang-night-exhaust-set-for-the-modelsvit-kit

The set is designed for the Modelsvit kit
This a set of 3D parts that are intended to replace the tricky photo-etch and plastic kit part assembly.

EDDC0-F26-ECB3-4-AF8-A70-B-1-BDF2-F37506

And soon from RESIN2detail - ref.48219

F-82 F Night Fighter Exhaust Upgrade (Flame Suppression Ver) 48219 coming soon from RESIN2detail!

272836123-1887036121487131-4279730527142
272682253-1887036098153800-5663555717390

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

On 1/30/2022 at 5:12 PM, Homebee said:

Released - RESIN2detail - ref.48219 - North American F-82F Twin Mustang Night Fighter Exhaust Upgrade

https://www.resin2detail.com/product-page/resin2detail-1-48-f-82-f-night-fighter-exhaust-upgrade-48219

V.P.

Sadly very difficult to get in the UK and if you buy via the ebay site its will expensive because of shipping and import charges. But they are Beautiful though!

Jonners

1 hour ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

Sadly very difficult to get in the UK and if you buy via the ebay site its will expensive because of shipping and import charges. But they are Beautiful though!

Jonners

They didn't let me order at all from the UK. It simply says they don't deliver here...

Jon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon Bryon said:

They didn't let me order at all from the UK. It simply says they don't deliver here...

Jon

I'd save your money: the Aerocraft exhausts look like an accurate portrayal of the three-strake exhausts. Resin2 Detail appear to have misinterpreted photos of the night-fighter exhausts and delicate though they are, they are not representative of the original.

Edited by Sabrejet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

I'd save your money: the Aerocraft exhausts look like an accurate portrayal of the three-strake exhausts. Resin2 Detail appear to have misinterpreted photos of the night-fighter exhausts and delicate though they are, they are not representative of the original.

I can't thank you enough for posting those images! My Aerocraft exhausts arrived today. I ordered them before seeing the Resin2detail ones and worried I'd made a mistake, since the latter look so lovely. I'd tried a little googling to see who was right, but not found an answer yet. You have saved me time and money!

Thanks

Jon

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jon Bryon said:

Jon

They have an Ebay shop that they advise UK purchasers to use- but the price for 1 set plus postage and duty was almost £30

52 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

A little like Jon below I was worried that the kit parts and Ali's 3D printed ones weren't correct as most photos in that area are indistinct. These really do show the dampeners as baffles more than extended   exhausts - so  a very big thank you!

24 minutes ago, Jon Bryon said:

I can't thank you enough for posting those images! My Aerocraft exhausts arrived today. I ordered them before seeing the Resin2detail ones and worried I'd made a mistake, since the latter look so lovely. I'd tried a little googling to see who was right, but not found an answer yet. You have saved me time and money!

Thanks

Jon

Jon, be careful trimming them from their support forest - especially the forward baffle attachment-  they are also a tight fit into the exhaust recess too- so a gentle sand helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sabrejet said:

Oh thank you so much for posting these very clear images. I too did not have super clear images to work from but i between what I had and using the kit supplied parts as a guide I reached my conclusion. 
thank you for the support of my product as well, always appreciated.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

- ref. 4820 - North American F-82E/H Twin Mustang

Source: https://www.facebook.com/modelsvit/posts/pfbid0TEFbu6orzz46t44qd5vVwVVuNcfzuugtX5gYQYwQE85KS1AsksGXg2XfE6BJHGhRl

Dear friends,

Glad to announce that in the next couple of months we are up to release F-82 E/H in 1/48 scale.

The kit shall came with decals for 4 camo schemes (please check out the picture in our comment bellow the post).

285681489-3252983251637370-6137370012544

285288285-3252983541637341-8477988657145

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys think this release will have the centerline gun pod, rockets and bombs to load it up with? I'd so love to have a centerline gun pod to give this one 14x 50 caliber guns with two pylons full of rockets and 2x 500 pounders to kick some serious butt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/modelsvit/posts/pfbid02ByfkHrLkZAPAVv5ndLvdcpRrVMpC6JY4KEn9RnX1N6J7GVheaBUFt3osrP5UejQKl

Hello friends,

During last few months we have received many questions regarding the armament of forthcoming F-82 E/H (1/48).

So, please- check out the armament scheme bellow

292446302-3279939375608424-1391334076666

V.P.

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - North American F-82E/F/G/H Twin Mustang by Modelsvit - F-82F/G & E/H released
  • 2 months later...
On 6/12/2022 at 11:43 AM, ModelSvit Balkans said:

Dear all,

Answer to MustangManiac questions could be found bellow:

spacer.png

So, in reply the answer should have said, no we are not including the gun pod. As both kits released are the Alison engined aircraft, will you be doing the Rolls Royce engined earlier aircraft F82B as the whole nose shape is different.

• 11 months later...
16 hours ago, MickE said:

I have just bought the F/G version and my kit only came with one clear sprue not two as reviews of the kit show.

I presume you contacted the vendor over this?

I was going to but , when you compare my instruction booklet with the one that in the review kit. The review kit one stated x2 for the sprue but mine doesn't so I assumed that Modelsvit changed the spec for the kit. and removed the one-piece closed canopy option.