1/48 - North American F-82E/F/G/H Twin Mustang by Modelsvit - F-82F/G & E/H released

Homebee

On 14/10/2021 at 13:14, 28ZComeback said:

(...) Wondering what other Korean types have been ignored?  Yak-9U?  

Missing 1/48th aircraft injected plastic kits from the Korean War period:

- completely ignored: B-45 Tornado (Collect-Aire resin), AJ-1/-2P Savage (Collect-Aire resin), F-86A Sabre (some OOP resin conversion sets), Yak-9U (Scale Bureau resin)

- partly ignored or OOP kits in 1/48: F3D Skyknight (Czech Model), F-94B Starfire (Hobbycraft)

And of course all the transport a/c types except the C-47.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, 71chally said:

...in this scale?

No my mistake, I was thinking in 1/72. The B-45 in 1/48 would be pretty big. Ive been up close to the one at the USAF Museum. It seems larger than an A-26, so would be closer to a B-17 in length but wingspan not so much. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - North American F-82E/F/G Twin Mustang by Modelsvit - released

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - North American F-82E/F/G Twin Mustang by Modelsvit - F-82F/G released

Holy Toledo!  What a kit!  Mine just arrived and I have to tell you guys this kit is FANTASTIC!  The decals are great and it is MUCH BIGGER than just 2 p51s stuck together.  This is a huge plane!  I am so struck by it, i want to build it now!  The instructions are great too!  THANKS MODELSVIT!  excellent kit!  I cant wait for the black bullet and swoose goose now!

• Like 5

I do want to chime in again. This F-82 is a work of art in styrene.  I am not sure if it will fall together or whether it will be a challenging build,but upon first impression this kit will provide an outstanding replica to model makers of most skill levels.

Edited by 28ZComeback
  • Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - North American F-82E/F/G/H Twin Mustang by Modelsvit - F-82F/G released - next boxing F-82E/H
On 12/20/2021 at 11:06 AM, 28ZComeback said:

Got mine over the weekend. The kit is perfect. I don't know how it looks built up or fit matters. I just don't care. It's gorgeous!

On 12/24/2021 at 6:19 AM, 28ZComeback said:

I do want to chime in again. This F-82 is a work of art in styrene.  I am not sure if it will fall together or whether it will be a challenging build,but upon first impression this kit will provide an outstanding replica to model makers of most skill levels.

So what you are saying is the Modelcraft kit is better?...............Running away really fast! :lol:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Mick_Gannon said:

This is not correct the markings are for Betty Joe a B variant and used Rolls Royce engines, the E/F is correct for the shape of the nose Allison engines.

46-297 is an Allison-engined F-82E, shown on the box art, correctly, in 27th FGp (Kearney/Bergstrom) markings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mick_Gannon said:

Thank you for the correction, they do look very similar to Betty Joe markings.

Interesting too that the P-82B you mention appeared as both 'Betty Jo' and 'Betty Joe' (with an 'e' at the end). Any ideas why?

• 2 weeks later...