F-100 Stores/Armament Identification

Uncle Dick

Came across this interesting image of "LETHIFEROUS LOLA" (BTW LETHIFEROUS MEANS EITHER OBSOLETE/ARCHAIC OR LETHAL/DEADLY - a new word for my vocabulary!)

Need some help in identifying the store on the inner port pylon (with the yellow stripe - which usually means its "live" ordnance) you can also see the same store on the far left on another Hun image from www.aircraftslides.com

10211011753658_035-TFW_615-tfs_F-100D.jp

• Like 1

Thanks for the identification - apparently according to another forum they were only in use from 1968 to 1970? 

Did a quick search on google - unfortunately looks like no one makes them in 1/72 or 1/48

Edited by Uncle Dick
  • Thanks 1

Upon further looking the waters became a little muddy as the dispensers could be one of these 3:

SUU-36 (30 BLU-45/B tactical, subsurface, antivehicle landmines) :

C2600U01.jpg

SUU-38 (10 KMU-338/B adapters to dispense 30 individual mine canisters each containing eighteen (18) wide-area antipersonnel mines) :

C2110U01.jpg

C2110U02.jpg

SUU-41 (150 XM41E1 mines, or 750 XM40E5 anti-intrusion mines, or a mix of 650 XM40E5 mines and 48 XM44 antipersonnel mines) :

C5658U01.jpg

they are very similar, just the payloads were different. I also found mention being made of CBU-33A as the official designation of a type used in Vietnam:

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/media/057/057g.html

you can zoom in on the pic.

Jari

Edited by Finn
  • Thanks 1