1/48 - North American P-51H Mustang by Modelsvit - released

Homebee

On 28/09/2019 at 19:04, Bedders said:

Looking at the wings again, I think that the ammo bay panels are too short in span. Should extend further outboard like those on the D-Model.

Justin

Yep, they look short, but nothing that cannot be fixed in 4,56 minutes exactly.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha! It's been pointed out to me that I'm talking rubbish (again).  Modelsvit have got the wing panels right. Which means that my 1/72 RS rendering is incorrect. All the more reason to do another one...!

Justin

The panel lines look to be right in Modelsvit's P-51H!

I looked quickly one walk-around of P-51H-5-NA, (44-64331) and the photos show clearly the ammo bay panels are "short"  exactly like in the model. Unfortunately I do not have the website address of the walk-around anymore. I have downloaded the walkaround photos for myself few years ago. 

- Anyway, in many books the drawings indeed show the "long" panels like the P-51D has. That seems to be a wrong conclusion.

Antti

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AnttiV said:

The panel lines look to be right in Modelsvit's P-51H!

I looked quickly one walk-around of P-51H-5-NA, (44-64331) and the photos show clearly the ammo bay panels are "short"  exactly like in the model. Unfortunately I do not have the website address of the walk-around anymore. I have downloaded the walkaround photos for myself few years ago. 

- Anyway, in many books the drawings indeed show the "long" panels like the P-51D has. That seems to be a wrong conclusion.

Antti

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Wez said:

No, unfortunately, the walk-around I have is taken outside in bright sunlight. 🙂 The one you sent, is very interesting too. I have to try to find tthat walk-around by myself. I think I have downloaded it from some page where the whole walk-around was as a.zip file.

10 hours ago, AnttiV said:

I foud one picture from the setI wastalking about: spacer.pngThe ammo panels are just abut visible but it can be seen, it is"short"

I cannot see it being short. I would more trust the plans and drawings that suggest otherwise, until I do see a clear picture of the wing.

Folks , I'm to blame for the confusion. Should have studied photos more closely. I assumed that my 1/72 kit was correct when in fact it was wrong. Modelsvit seem to have done an excellent job. In  the walkround link posted in #30 above, photo dscc0967.jpg shows the ammo compartment clearly. It's shorter in span than a D model, and shorter ecven than on a B model. It looks about the same size as on the Mustang I. So I for one have learnt something.

Justin

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/10/2019 at 02:08, Homebee said:

Release expected in December 2019

It's going to be touch and go for an inclusion in the P-51 STGB. 

Just to clear up any confusion, a GB is a Group Build where we all get together on Britmodeller and build and display subjects according to the GB theme.

An STGB is a Single Type GB. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/modelsvit/posts/2495175594084810

Hello friends,
Mission complete!.... Mustang P-51H (1/48) to be shipped to our distributors early December 2019. Bellow you could find photos of the entire set content.

https://modelsvit-eshop.com/c/aviation-1/p-51h-mustang-134

78249562-2494711910797845-34105666528178

V.P.

• Like 6

Ordered!!  And compared to the "big E" their exchange rate is reasonable and their postage rates are more than reasonable, no "Down Under Tax" on this transaction.  This one I will be doing as one of the included options, the RAF aircraft. 

Now if they did a P-51F and P-51G, and given the quality of what they are doing, can someone tell them if they did really accurate 1/48th models of the Mustang Mk.I, Mustang Mk.IA and Mustang Mk.II, they could get a LOT of sales.

• Like 3