1/48 - North American P-51H Mustang by Modelsvit - released

Homebee

In progress. 👍

Source: https://www.facebook.com/modelsvit/posts/2319912991611072

Dear all,
Glad to announce that the designing of our P-51H Mustang in 1/48 has been accomplished. 
Notes: There will be 2 cockpit's clear parts (Open/Closed canopy), flaps could be adjusted in 2 possitions. Hope you like it.

Your comments are welcome as usual!!

55840276.jpg

55619250.jpg

56232923.jpg  55575875.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

This looks awesome. Not to change the subject but, may I ask where you found dimensions for those F-80 style tanks that are in your drawings? I've been looking for blueprints or someone with access to a set of them for months now with no luck. I'm trying to build a P-51D with these tanks that was in the air races back in 1964 & 1965 called "Bardahl Special" flown by Chuck Lyford.

I'm just trying to find dimensions for making an accurate set in 1/32 scale.

Thanks!

Brady

Edited by Julien
Please read the rules on use of airliners.net pictures
  • Like 1

The tail area on the P-51H has been inaccurately produced by more than one manufacturer. I hope you make sure that this area is right on your model. I am working on your Mirage 4000 and it is a beautiful kit. I wish you continued success.

• Like 2

On 01/04/2019 at 15:21, MustangManiac said:

This looks awesome. Not to change the subject but, may I ask where you found dimensions for those F-80 style tanks that are in your drawings? I've been looking for blueprints or someone with access to a set of them for months now with no luck. I'm trying to build a P-51D with these tanks that was in the air races back in 1964 & 1965 called "Bardahl Special" flown by Chuck Lyford.

I'm just trying to find dimensions for making an accurate set in 1/32 scale.

Thanks!

Brady

Hi. You have posted copyright pictures from Airliners.net

This is against Airliners and Britmodeller rules.

Airliners litigate over copying their photos.

Please amend your post to show links to the originals.........before the Mods catch on.

Cheers

• Like 1

The profile drawings have a good shape to my eye. So here's hoping. If it turns out good, I'll buy two, then cover one set of sprues in lemon, salt and chilli, and hang them out in the sun for 3 weeks, until they reduce to 1/72 scale.

Call me mad, but I think the F-22 fin shape slightly resembles that of the P-51H. In any case I like them both a lot.

Justin

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 9:26 PM, Bedders said:

Call me mad, but I think the F-22 fin shape slightly resembles that of the P-51H. In any case I like them both a lot.

I agree with you, not as good as it seems though as I am mad (and have the meds to prove it).

I hope the F-82G does follow. Everytime I open the box for the 'other' kit I quickly shut it again and need a lie down in a dark room.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks amazing, and I'll definitely get one, not least to use as a template for my 1/72 effort.

As for panel lines on the wings, looks like "an opportunity to excel" in the filling/sanding department. That said the H had quite a long career, with many aircraft shuffling between a number of different ANG units, so after a certain time perhaps the finish was no longer factory standard?

Justin

• Like 1