1/24 DDP models Ferrari 712 Can Am 1971

Well this is my latest project and what a beauty a full detail resin multi media kit of the 1971 Ferrari 712 Can Am car all resin parts have been washed and the body cleaned of very little flash etc the wheel inserts have also been cleaned and put in place not yet glued though and have started the flaps and rear bodywork parts lots to do and have lots of help from the owner of DDP models with pics of the real car so excellent detailing scope

Thanks for looking

001_zpsudypwzjq.jpg

003_zpsohli2zb6.jpg

71220can20am20003_zpsamsejcl0.jpg

71220can20am20004_zpsjrchpujx.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Ooh that is right up my alley! Good scale, correct medium and a great subject too. 612 better but 712 will do me just fine!

DDP do a 612 as well

12 hours ago, Marco F. said:

I will also attend...seems to be a good story comming.

I'm quiet interessed about DDP, but I don't use Facebook...how can I get a contact to this Company?

Cheers

Marco F.

Hi Marco,  I'll contact Pierpaolo for you and if you can pm me your email address I'll forward it to him and hopefully you can work something out

• Thanks 1

Okidoki update time having great fun with this build so much so that everything currently is going to plan had a nice surprise yesterday when I came to drill the engine for wiring I found it already done also did the wheels and used a tyre stencil which worked well on 2 tyres but not on the other 2 d'oh so ordered me some decals instead so here's how we stand now and should get more done today

712%20can%20am%20008_zpsniunulz9.jpg

712%20can%20am%20001_zpsyxyfijyk.jpg

712%20can%20am%20007_zpsvigzkwms.jpg

712%20can%20am%20003_zpsu5dxgftl.jpg

71220can20am20005_zpswdtyufs9.jpg

• Like 1

Decalled and clearcoated all went well I'm enjoying this kit although there are some tough bits coming up there is a wire that goes to back of car which has to bent into shape and glued into gearbox it also has rear lights on but more on that when I come to it.

712%20can%20am%20002_zpsuinzz0yp.jpg

712%20can%20am%20003_zpswds6q1at.jpg

71220can20am20001_zpsn3hd3sdy.jpg

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

Looks good: progress a little fast for me but still good!

That's because I'm retired so have more time to do things but it will slow a bit now as we get on with the chassis/engine wiring etc but I'm happy with the way things are going and thanks for looking and for all the comments they are appreciated

Steve

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:08, keefr22 said:

That looks lovely! What clearcoat did you use?

And I wouldn't worry about the tyres, don't forget they were often done the same way in period, so sometimes looked even worse on real ones!! :)

Keith

Thanks Keith

the clearcoat is Alclad either Aqua clear or Klearcoat  should have more done soon only real life stuff got in the way and thanks for looking

Steve

• Thanks 1

Beginning to get there just a few bits to add to the engine bay get the rollcage done then glue all together although I can tell you that the body test fit in the pic was real nice and tight so may get away from having to glue also done the mirror although I can see that getting knocked off a few times but an enjoyable kit and whilst researching this I found out that Mario Andretti hated the car so much he never asked to drive it again  incidentally if any of you feel like doing this kit I have some great pics of the real car and a 1/12 model

Thanks for looking and Homerlovesbeer you are right life does always get in the way of things lol

fb20003_zps5tkg0p7p.jpg

fb%20004_zpscfkfbcxr.jpg

fb%20005_zpsyrwadlnb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

just a quick update due to a family tragedy before Christmas the modelling took a big knock as did the 712 it pinged off the Tamiya paint stand and landed on its right corner knocking off the White fin and side splitter  I did get things sorted but the body was slightly damaged which I didn't notice until superglueing it all together Pierpaolo at DDP model has just told me has sent me another body/decals and photoetch which I didn't ask for and am very happy he did but it won't get done until later in the year I have started modelling again with some success-watch this space- and at the same time a 38 nephew died from a heart attack.

Will be back soon

Steve

• Sad 3

Really sorry to hear about your nephew Steve, don't worry about the model, things like this put modelling into perspective, but at least it can take our minds off things for a short while.

All the very best

Keith

PS, I had exactly the same thing happen with my Tamiya paint stand just before Chritmas when my Tamiya 350Z pinged off just as I was finishing the last clearcoat - I try to remember now to tape the body to the thing!

• Like 1

Very sorry to hear about your nephew, 38 is no age and while there isn't a good time for something like that, around Christmas just makes it worse. Best wishes going forward, the model can wait as real life is always more important.

• Like 1