Frankenschmitt (1/72 Tamiya/ICM Bf109E-3 crosskit)

Live like a Pirate - you are what you aaarrrrrrrr matey - brilliant! :D

Nice work on the model PC, very smooth.

Good luck with the mottling :) 

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2018 at 8:28 AM, CedB said:

Consultants suggesting what employees have said for years AND not knowing what they're doing with old videos? #parforthecourse

A few years ago one of my colleagues was married to a management consultant. When asked what he actually did he told us his job was 'to come into your office, look at your watch and tell you what time it was. And then charge you 40K for it' Doesn't look like much changes. 

Great looking 109 by the way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gentlemen, I regret to inform you that my mottling looks like crap:

IMG_20181219_192833

IMG_20181219_192818

It never used to be this bad. I think I need to thin the paint a LOT more than I did to get it through the 0.2mm nozzle without spattering and sputtering. This is what happens when you have children, you get rusty at the things you actually enjoy. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Me three.  Although looking at the photos in your first post, the mottling looks denser, with the blotches closet together, so some lighter mottling in the spaces would tone down the overall effect (says me who had never used an airbrush in his life).

AW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Looks a million times better than I would achieve. AW's point of some infill seems a good one. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Andwil said:

Although looking at the photos in your first post, the mottling looks denser, with the blotches closet together, so some lighter mottling in the spaces would tone down the overall effect (says me who had never used an airbrush in his life).

This is solid (no pun intended) advice. I should go back and try again -- with more thinner. Way more thinner.

In other news, scientists suggest something we've all known to be true is indeed true.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Not too much change PC - far better than I could have done! :) 

Interesting article too… we should now all take a few moments to ponder the health implications of discussing it with our female partners and kin.

Probably best not, eh?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Procopius said:

Happy Christmas from the Family Procopius to all of you!

2018-12-25_07-27-26

A belated Happy Christmas to you all. One question though; how much Tamiya tape did you get through masking those stripes?

• Haha 8

Merry Christmas mate :)

Just caught up on your progress. I've had similar issues in the past on doing the fine airbrushing. I found stripping the gun down and re-oiling the moving parts helped considerably too, not sure if you do that anyway but I had never oiled it previously. A good lubricating solves a great many issues in life 😂

Hi Mr. P,

a great New year to you and family!!! And a lot more challenging models!

I love the family's outfit. From memory, this is the type of garments criminals wore when in the bagne (remember Jean Valjean, Nr 24601!). So for next Christmas, make them all happy and buy them a set of leg irons and canon balls!!! It sure will make you a popular dad and hubby.

Have fun!

JR