Handley Page Hampden restoration

72modeler

Did any of you know about this? I can't wait to see the finished product! Looks like another modeling project for Tony!

Mike

http://warbirdsnews.com/aviation-museum-news/handley-page-hampden-fuselage-whole-again-at-raf-museum-cosford.html

• Like 1

Have no fear, this is very well publicised long-term restoration that has been ongoing since the 90's.  Unrestored parts were at one time displayed in the Bomber Command Hall at The RAF Museum.  The progress has been steady, but always impressive.

I’ll be seeing it next Saturday - can’t wait! Anybody want any particular pics of that or the Wellington? Not sure what else is in that hangar unless it’s full of Spitfires like Shawbury.

Cheers,

WV908 

3 hours ago, WV908 said:

I’ll be seeing it next Saturday - can’t wait! Anybody want any particular pics of that or the Wellington? 

Well, given that hardy perennial topic, some nice clear photos of the rear of the bomb bay/ventral gun position would be helpful.  ISTR the aircraft is being restored as one with the modified ventral position to permit torpedo carriage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seahawk said:

Well, given that hardy perennial topic, some nice clear photos of the rear of the bomb bay/ventral gun position would be helpful.  ISTR the aircraft is being restored as one with the modified ventral position to permit torpedo carriage.

Yes, yes, yes!

Mike

Small note..

I had contact with mister Priday who is in charge of the project and he had send me some pics of the ventral position when they sorted out all of its components a few years ago..

At that moment they hoped for some extra info surfacing during it's progress.

They restore it in it's TB configuration and there is a cutout in the ventral to acommodate the torpedo.

On the other side they also don't have or had enough information info then about the exact layout of the interns of that ventral position other then its shape..

But it is always welcome too have some extra pics at it's current state as you never know what has  surfaced in the last few years.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by janneman36
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...