New Wingnut Wings model announcement for Telford - Handley-Page O/400 "Bloody Paralyser"

Richard123

4 hours ago, k5054nz said:

but let's just say I wasn't surprised that the Telford announcement as an O/400 😇 

Well there's what, fifteen people in New Zealand? Half of them are probably involved in the production of the kit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, k5054nz said:

I guess so. And I think the NDAs may have been just for the guided factory tours rather than whenever anyone visits. I didn't intend to come off as rude as I did. I've never been to the TVAL sheds at Miramar but let's just say I wasn't surprised that the Telford announcement as an O/400 😇 

Not my subject but I'm excited and fascinated to follow along with the builds of others. I foresee some amazing builds from this kit!

I wasn't that surprised either, it was such an obvious choice - I'd seen hints about the 1:1 scale version (In the back of my mind it was something the RAF Museum said - kind of hope they make a second for them!)

Not my scale, but i love the subject - would be nice to see one as one of the post-war transport versions in overall white!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

I wasn't that surprised either, it was such an obvious choice - I'd seen hints about the 1:1 scale version (In the back of my mind it was something the RAF Museum said - kind of hope they make a second for them!)

Not my scale, but i love the subject - would be nice to see one as one of the post-war transport versions in overall white!

I'd be nice to see the RAFM have an example but I doubt it'll happen unless they swap some kit/airframes for it. The RE8. Snipe and Albatros were exchanged for an original Hanriot and Cauldron IIRC - plus the Vimy has gone into store at Stafford - unless they were to exchange the Vimy for an O/400 I cant see where they would find the space...especially with the Hampden coming on apace, the LVG too and the Wimpey and Lysander nearing completion...

If I were to put my flak jacket on and was being a devil's advocate I guess the RAFM could dispose of one of their 190s or 109s, the Gnat FI, Jungman and JU52 as being duplicates or not relevant to make space but I think I'd end up being shot!

59 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

If I were to put my flak jacket on and was being a devil's advocate I guess the RAFM could dispose of one of their 190s or 109s, the Gnat FI, Jungman and JU52 as being duplicates or not relevant to make space but I think I'd end up being shot!

I'd move the B-17, but that's just me......

• Like 1

Sorry, went OT there a bit didnt we (be glad I didnt get onto a RAFM  Beaufort interior rant!) 

I wonder if one of the markings might be for The Pink Elephant? An Indian Maharajah  the Thakore Sahbeb of Morvi purchased a war surplus 0/400 in 1920 and having painted it pink with blue nacelles he lined it with a silk interior used it to transport his hareem of wives! 

I built the Shed Models 1/200 model and it was one of the options for markings (I built mine as G-EATN  operated post war by Handley Page Transport Ltd) you'd just need to add some windows (and wives).

http://www.helmet-aircraft-200.co.uk/Handley-Page-0/100-0/400-Kit

http://www.wwi-models.org/Images/Christy/Allied/HP0400/index.html

Well worth checking out 'The Bloody Paralyser' by Rob Langham for more info https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloody-Paralyser-Giant-Handley-Bombers/dp/1781550808

TT

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

I'd move the B-17, but that's just me......

I’d move it too... easily the worst positioned B-17 on display anywhere (yes I have seen the one at FOF) - oh and it should be in the same colours as the Lanc and they need to rebuild the Halif..... anyway *cough* moving the B-17 would make a nice O/400 shaped space. 

I’m very intrigued by this model and the Lanc, as it shows WNW are prepared to build the massive and wacky stuff (lets face it, the O/400 is wacky). Although it’s not for me etc etc, it brings hope for things like a Vimy or the larger German stuff. Personally I’d love a Supermarine Southampton or Stranraer which I guess I could hope for? 

Cheers,

WV908

EDIT: Oh and a Halifax. We need one of those. 

Edited by WV908
More wishful thinking
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

It was on display at Telford with one wing folded and one wing extended but are there rigging issues? Much like the Felixstowe, you can have detachable wings but at the expense of full rigging,

Simon

10 hours ago, Simon Cornes said:

It was on display at Telford with one wing folded and one wing extended but are there rigging issues? Much like the Felixstowe, you can have detachable wings but at the expense of full rigging,

Simon

Not the same, because the wing doesn't come right off. Anyway, it's rigged more like a Swordfish so that you don't have to detach any wires to fold the wing, as far as I recall from the one I did in 1/72nd.

Paul.

On 3/18/2019 at 9:22 AM, Paul Thompson said:

Not the same, because the wing doesn't come right off. Anyway, it's rigged more like a Swordfish so that you don't have to detach any wires to fold the wing, as far as I recall from the one I did in 1/72nd.

Paul.

We live in hope! Wonder how much it will cost?

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2018 at 3:31 PM, WV908 said:

I’d move it too... easily the worst positioned B-17 on display anywhere (yes I have seen the one at FOF) - oh and it should be in the same colours as the Lanc and they need to rebuild the Halif..... anyway *cough* moving the B-17 would make a nice O/400 shaped space. 

I’m very intrigued by this model and the Lanc, as it shows WNW are prepared to build the massive and wacky stuff (lets face it, the O/400 is wacky). Although it’s not for me etc etc, it brings hope for things like a Vimy or the larger German stuff. Personally I’d love a Supermarine Southampton or Stranraer which I guess I could hope for? 

Cheers,

WV908

EDIT: Oh and a Halifax. We need one of those. 

A Supermarine Southampton, now you are talking. It would be a tremendous subject.  

• 2 months later...

A new variant, the Handley-Page O/100 (or  H.P.11) has just been announced at IPMS USA National - ref. 32051

Source: https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/81414-wingnut-wings-photos-from-us-nats/&do=findComment&comment=1146382

lpk4iKr.jpg

More pics: https://www.facebook.com/ssbricker/posts/10156234099126406

67910350-2570117513012430-84572883925336

Source: https://www.facebook.com/closetmodeler/photos/a.2570115546345960/2570117363012445/?type=3&theater

67451174-2570117366345778-67859349018886

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...