PT Boat 109 in 1/72 scale.

IMG_0299.jpgGood Morning All,

For your approval I present my version of Revell's 1963 PT 109. This is an older build of mine with no PE, the extra details were scratch built. This includes the bow mounted 37 mm cannon. As always any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Highest Regards,

Gregory Jouette

IMG_0298.jpg

• Like 9

I really like this, Greg!

Revell has recently released a completely new-tooled kit for this subject in 1:72, but yours looks better than the built-up example of the new one on Revell's web site. The new one corrects things like the deck planking (Elcos had a double-diagonal planked deck covered with a layer of canvas) & includes some interior, but it's all about the paint job & you got it right; this was not a new boat!

Cheers, -Lars

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, lars_opland said:

I really like this, Greg!

Revell has recently released a completely new-tooled kit for this subject in 1:72, but yours looks better than the built-up example of the new one on Revell's web site. The new one corrects things like the deck planking (Elcos had a double-diagonal planked deck covered with a layer of canvas) & includes some interior, but it's all about the paint job & you got it right; this was not a new boat!

Cheers, -Lars

Lars,

Thank you more your more than generous comments my friend. Have you held the new kit in your hands yet? It does correct several flaws with the original kit as you mentioned. But to my eyes the new featured interior is a wash out,just too toy like for my taste. On positive side everything else is much improved especially her guns. I hope that some aftermarket company will come up with interior details for her engineroom. I'd truly love to go all out detailing that area the chart house and dayroom not so much. Hopefully Revell will produce a late war version of an Elco and a mid late as well.

Highest Regards,

Gregory Jouette