MPC ROTJ Millenium Falcon

so I thought it time to have a go at this one I have had in storage for a while

IMG_0745a

yes Sir it is from the 80's but now I haven't had it since then, I built it as a kid I got it from John menzie and if I remember right it wasn't the best of fits. I bought this one over 5 years ago from eBay and it came with a diorama.

any way it was still bagged up as well (sorry no pic of that)

so here it is ready to go

IMG_0747

this was when I remembered a little about it. the mouldings are not up to modern standards 

IMG_0749

so first job was to clean up the top and bottom of the ship CARFULLY in places

then start to construct it

IMG_0750IMG_0751

and that's as far as I have got so far, I will keep you upto date as far as possible,

any tips gratefully received 

I am prob going to airbrush it and that will be the first one in 5 years , am I mad

• Like 4

There's always a first part to be glued!

I had one of these as well as the Blue Moon correction set, but ended up selling it all when I realized I was never going to put one that size together. Was also getting some correction parts off of Shapeways.

I have this kit half built and its been on the shelf for about 12 months. I bought it out of nostalgia as I had the kit as a kid too. Once I started building it I realised that it is a lot of work for something that is not too accurate when finished so I think it will probably stay half built and on the shelf.  Having said that I will be watching this and may get inspired by what you do to get mine finished.

Good luck!!