Greetings fellow model-geeks!

Bullmann

(Hope not anyone feels offended by the title. Me I’m readily quite proud to be one)

My name is Lars, and I live in Drammen in Norway. I have been a peeker for quite some time now, perhaps even too long. That is I have eagerly been reading so many impressive and informative posts and discussions on Britmodeller.com. Another thing that prompted me to join was a post by another newbie, that I suspect is written by my old teacher Nils Gran. If it really is him, I’m really grateful to him for inspiring me to begin with models in the first place (Ehr, it is perhaps apropriate to mention that it is some thirty years ago).

I for one prefer to make model planes and small vignettes to go along them in 1/72nd scale, both I guess to be of mediocre quality, but fun never the less.

I also use my spare time bassplaying and collecting original vintage propaganda posters, quite a few of them aviation related. But those subjects are themes for other forums, I guess.

Just one quick question for you guys; which service do you prefer for picture sharing on the forum?

Thanks for letting me join the forum. 

Regards,

Lars

Welcome to BM Lars, I for one wear my geekiness with pride. I looks forward to seeing your stuff and don't worry about quality (I know I don't).

The picture hosting is a bit of a thorny issue, I currently use 'Village photos'

@Bullbasket has done an excellent guide to using it. It may look complicated at first, but it's quite quick and easy when you get into the swing of things.

Hello Bullman! Welcome to Britmodeller. There is always someone here that will have that obscure little piece of info that you need.

I look forward to seeing some of your completed models here.

Now then. Photo hosting sites! I currently use Flickr, as I find it iPhone friendly because that’s the main way I access this site.

Regards

Trevor

Hi Ian and Trevor,

Thanks for the warm welcome from both of you!

I will check Flickr as well and iPhone-friendliness certainly sounds perfect for me. Thanks!

Greetings from Western Canada. I was a model geek since before I even heard the word geek.

I use Flickr now but for many years I used Photobucket, until they decided to screw everyone over.

Chris

When you want to post a Flickr image here, click on the image you want. When it opens up to show just that image, look to the lower right. There you will see a right-pointing arrow. Click on that. A small window will open. Above the blue highlighted bar of code are 4 options. Click on BBCode. Below the blue code you can pick a size. Pick one that is in the 600x800 size. This will give a good size picture on the forum. Now right-click on the blue bar of code. Choose COPY.

Now come back to he forum and PASTE into the REPLY box.

You can post larger images but that 600x800 usually works best.

Chris

Greetings, Chris!

And thanks

I’ll try that tomorrow 😴

I completely agree on the term geek. I seem to remember that the word nerd, entered the popular vocabulary when I was around 15, though.

Edited by Bullmann

Hei Lars ... ( hope that says hello) :welcome: to Britmodeller. Im not offended I freely admit im a geek. A modeling geek, star wars geek, star trek geek, wargaming geek, & a D&D geek. In fact i was working on a few models or i would have said hello earlier. 

Dennis

15 hours ago, Bullmann said:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/161854799@N02/shares/8Ue09z

Well, it seems I can make a link from Flickr, but not a direct image. The bar just turns pink, when I try to insert the URL into the insert other media. I’ll have a look on FAQ-threads.

If using your iPhone first off you need to make your image public. Next on the bottom right hand corner of the screen you should see an arrow.

45698352532_e72eee26a5_b.jpg

Click on that and then another screen appears and one of the options is ‘Copy URL’. That will copy the link.

45023630294_d8a0879b68_b.jpg

Paste that into your post, wait a few moments and you’ll see the link turn into a photo. And that’s it!

Trevor

• Thanks 1

6302C6DC-1B6C-42AB-BC33-8B0750DEE8D2

Ah, I see!

Thanks a lot Trevor. That obviously did the trick👍

Hei Dennis!

You’ve got it absolutely right. The word «Hei», is the most common form of greeting in Norway.

Glad to hear to hear that you also have a multi themed geekiness. I can subscribe to at least three of the ones you mention.

• Like 2