Mustang

Thanks for the concern folks, but this whole thing was intentional from the start. The WIP was just a set up for the big reveal at the end... 😁

It was inspired by the real event recently when I was building a 1/48 Sea Hurricane, and knocked over the Plastic Weld as described. These bits were the casualties:

melted_zpskmjmhmm4.jpg

The two worst hit parts were the undercarriage doors, but luckily they were the retracted gear option covers, which until recently I'd been using to mask the gear wells and now had no further use for. The exhaust stack and antenna post were simply repainted, and the square radiator flap needed a bit of sanding and filling, but that was it. 

I've solved the unsteady bottle problem by using a BFO blob of Blu-Tak to stick the bottle to the bench...it's working so far!

Cheers,

Dean

• Like 2

I'm very sorry for you. Of all the things to knock over...😩

I've managed to do this with MicroSet and Zap CA kicker (tall thin bottles again!) so now I work with them held inside a roll of household parcel tape or duct tape which stops them falling over.

Once bitten, etc!

If anyone can turn this into something clever and convincing, it's you. You're one of the most inventive and creative modellers I've seen on this site 👍

Alan

4 hours ago, Alan P said:

I've managed to do this with MicroSet and Zap CA kicker (tall thin bottles again!) so now I work with them held inside a roll of household parcel tape or duct tape which stops them falling over.

Alan

I've done the same with those two products too, Alan. Thanks for the compliment - nice to be appreciated.

Cheers,

Dean

• Like 1

Out of interest, why did you have an open bottle of plastic weld a few inches away from a nearly finished model resting an a tiny A4 cutting mat?  Just read your previous post, first time I saw the pic, it looked faked especially the tiny (cheap) cutting mat, the small parts neatly next to the plane etc.

Anil

PS, this is a radical new invention called an "Ikea glass": It prevents spills and any are caught in the receptacle, can be easily repositioned, is resistant to most solvents has a weighted base and if all fails, you can use it to drink said solvent if it all gets too much...😭 

45158479414_818ba70e37_b.jpg

• Haha 4

Its happened to me but with Micro decal solutions!!  And brand new bottles at that!  But I came across some foam sponge with neat round holes in that contained small electric motors at my previous employment . The holes are just perfect for those Microscale liquids. The item holds all the Micro bottles in one go snugly and has been a saviour for me.

But, as mentioned above It would make a great diorama!