New decals company - Exito Decals - Gustavs Over The Balkans & FW-190A in 1/72 and 1/48

Botan

I found these today on Facebook - Link to profile

Exito was founded in 2008 as an internet hobby shop. In 2010, we expanded by launching a brick and mortar store in Cracow, Poland, and soon achieved a strong position within the modelling market in our country. We’ve also gained many happy customers abroad, who were mainly served through our Ebay shop: https://www.ebay.com/str/exitomodelshop An English version of our webstore is also currently available: https://exito.site

However, from the very beginning we had more goals than only reselling the products of other various manufacturers. We worked hard to build a community around our brick and mortar shop, and eventually a modelling club called “Grupa B” was established, whose members meet in a specially prepared room where they can build models, exchange experiences, or just chat and have fun. The members of “Grupa B” often attend modelling shows and present their works together on club tables. This year, for the very first time the club organized a modelling show of their own.

Another goal of Exito was to launch a range of quality products under our own brand. For this purpose, we’ve teamed up with renowned aviation illustrator, Mr. Janusz Swiatlon, who previously worked for such publishers as Classic/Chevron, Osprey, Kagero, Stratus/MMP and AK-Interactive, and now will draw profiles under the direction of an experienced decal researcher and book author, whose participation will allow us to offer you accurate decals and include original photos of the covered subjects, wherever possible.

What we bring?

Exito Decals enters the market with two sets available both in 1/48 and 1/72 scale. The decal sheets are printed by industry leader, Cartograph of Italy, which ensures top printing quality and ease of application. These are complemented by instructions that differ from the plain market standard. What you get are essentially high quality posters with accurate and inspiring illustrations created by Janusz Swiatlon. Each subject is presented on an A4-sized sheet, with large side aircraft profiles printed on the front, and the remaining artwork, photos and all necessary information laid out on the rear side. This way you not only get some cool decals for your model kit, but also attractive posters to adorn your man cave, at the same time!

EXITO DECALS ED72001 - 1:72 Gustavs Over The Balkans - Messerschmitt Bf109G-6

7a3c69779104e47937a8dff3fcda41e0.jpg

Link to 1/48 sheet

There is also Fw-190
EXITO DECALS ED72002 - 1:72 Wulf Pack vol.1 - Focke-Wulf Fw 190A

This decal set is entitled “Wulf Pack vol.1” and includes striking markings for three early Focke-Wulf Fw 190 As, just in time for the recent Eduard kits:
- Fw 190 A-3, ‘Yellow 7’, flown by Oblt. Detlev Rohwer, Kapitän of 6./JG 1, Woensdrecht, the Netherlands, late spring 1942.

- Fw 190 A-4, W.Nr. 0799, coded ‘SK+OU’, probably belonging to I./SG 101, France, 1943.

- Fw 190 A-5, ‘Yellow 5’, flown by Fw. Karl ‘Charly’ Willius of 3./JG 26, Dno, Soviet Union, early April 1943.

None of these aircraft have been available in decal form before. ‘Yellow 5’ is the only documented Fw 190 with victory markings that served on the Eastern Front. Decals include bonus ‘Andrehkurbel’ stencils, which are missing from the majority of kit and aftermarket Fw 190 stencils.

The decal sheet was printed by industry leader, Cartograph of Italy, which ensures top printing quality and ease of application. It is complemented by instructions that differ from the plain market standard. Each subject is presented on an A4-sized sheet, with large side aircraft profiles printed on the front, and the remaining artwork, photos and all necessary information laid out on the rear side. This way you not only get some cool decals for your model kit, but also attractive posters to adorn your man cave, at the same time!

6460b3194acf8e0235236a3f186d58d5.jpg

Link to 1/48 sheet

Edited by Botan
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

A new decal company, and what do they produce? More freakin' Nazi Bf 109 and Fw 190 decals! We need them like we need a hole in the head. The only one I would consider is the Bf 109 flown by Capt. Cantacuzino.

7 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

A new decal company, and what do they produce? More freakin' Nazi Bf 109 and Fw 190 decals! We need them like we need a hole in the head. The only one I would consider is the Bf 109 flown by Capt. Cantacuzino.

Start your own company then and produce decals only you would buy so you can sell them to yourself...

Or make stuff that is popular and will sell to the masses. 

Frustrating I know but it’s the way of business these days. 

You would be shocked at how much it costs to make decals.

Had a look into it myself for a possible dabble next year. Will be making ones to sell to myself no doubt 🤣 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

You would be shocked at how much it costs to make decals.

Had a look into it myself for a possible dabble next year. Will be making ones to sell to myself no doubt 🤣 

Yes, i am aware of the cost. And if your decals are for other than Nazzy airplanes, I might buy a set or two!

Truth is that there is so many decals available on the market. if you search in net. However on Polish model shops there are not so visible. Mainly Techmod decals are seen. Likely the company's target group is the  local market.

Cheers

J-W

Having long-time experience in kit and accessory selling, they most likely know what sells and what not, and this led to the specific subject choices. 

6 hours ago, JWM said:

Truth is that there is so many decals available on the market. if you search in net. However on Polish model shops there are not so visible. Mainly Techmod decals are seen. Likely the company's target group is the  local market.

Cheers

J-W

I don't think so, as Poland simply isn't a good market for aftermarket decals. You'd be surprised if the folks from Kagero and other local brands revealed their domestic/foreign sale stats (which, however, won't happen). My personal experience (I've been selling various decals on Allegro a few years back, when it was the most common place for such small trade, before they turned into a host for large shops mainly) confirms this too.

6 hours ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

I don't think so, as Poland simply isn't a good market for aftermarket decals. You'd be surprised if the folks from Kagero and other local brands revealed their domestic/foreign sale stats (which, however, won't happen). My personal experience (I've been selling various decals on Allegro a few years back, when it was the most common place for such small trade, before they turned into a host for large shops mainly) confirms this too.

OK, I have my feeling only as customer. When I am looking for some decals they are not in the shop usually. More likely on Allegro.

Let's me explain to BM fellows that Allergro is kind of e-buy portal in Poland.

Regards

J-W

That's not without a reason - because they quite hardly sell at shops, so there's little reason to keep stocks of rarely selling stuff. In case of Techmod, it's a bit easier since their products are available through one of the largest kit and accessory distributors in our country, so even smaller shops can get them when ordering more popular products from the distributor. To end this off-topic conversation, I can say that Exito revealed that their third decal set is already in preparation, and this won't be Germans this time!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

I can say that Exito revealed that their third decal set is already in preparation, and this won't be Germans this time!

Which one is the third one then?

Cheers

J-W