Revell 1/48 Tornado F.3 ADV

That is very nice. Some excellent weathering effects. The only thing I would say is that it is perhaps a tad dark, possible due to the weathering which generally darkens the finish.

You should indeed be pleased.

A much maligned aeroplane - it was a great display jet if nothing else!

I have one of these to build - is there anything I particularly need to look out for in construction?

Cheers gents. :)

Baldy, the main problem is it doesn't fit very well, particularly around the intakes. There is a workaround on here somewhere, unfortunately I found it too late. :(

It's actually a bit lighter in real life, pics taken under kitchen lights with my smartphone.

Lord R, Eduard zoom set for the cockpit. ;)

Cheers Steve. :)

Edited by Mr Bowcat

5 hours ago, Mr Bowcat said:

Hi Guys,

Just finished this one up. It's my 4th attempt at an aircraft, still a lot to improve on but I'm pretty happy with the result. :)

Crikey if I could do as well "pretty happy" would be an understatement 😁.  Allowing for the photos darkening the pictures and model I'd say that was a rather nice Tornado in the best choice of squadron markings too. Had me all a tremble. 

Cheers guys. :)

Gazza, decals are still where I struggle the most. I really tried hard with this one but still got some silvering, particularly on the tail. Not sure if that's me or the decals??

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mr Bowcat said:

It's my 4th attempt at an aircraft,

Holy crap - I think I'll give up now! Your skills exceed mine by a long shot and I've been building aircraft models for almost 50 years!