Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Giorgio N

+++ Yanks Abroad: US made or designed stuff used by other Countries And we made it to 30 !

Recommended Posts

Giorgio, not all is lost, there is a year long Group Build run by Enzo called 'They Also Serve' for those subjects that did not get through

 

 

Plus this one is automatically in next year's vote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..........and it's host with the most is @Rabbit Leader!!  :D

 

He didn't actually volunteer for the position as rather asked who was hosting it.......and then was dropped into it!!! :rofl2:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be kicking off the new year with a Yugoslav DC-9  :)

 

Cliff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Giorgio N as the original GB "owner" and @Rabbit Leader as the "They Also Serve" Host of The Year 2020, please rule this these kits´ eligibility, please. They are the F-16:s I started some years ago in their STGB but miserably failed to finish (surprise, surprise!). Here are some pics of their current state. I have decals for Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Belgian and Portuguese AM:s and shop for Italian B ADF decals, found in some Italeri kits. So, definitely "Yanks Abroad". They are all Revell 1:72 kits, 1 x A, 1 x B, 2 x MLU and 2 x C. I mixed up parts molded in various colours to get that "Matchbox feeling"  :thumbsup:.

 

2019-04-09_06-52-27

Fuselage subassemblies started. All will be displayed "legs up".

 

2019-04-09_06-54-13

Some assembled and painted subassemblies.

2019-04-09_06-54-48

This is not the only box of parts for these kits... Plus I have a Hasegawa weapons and pods set I need too. Best regards, V-P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well "if" I was the host, I would declare all these F-16's as being well under the 25% eligibility rule. It would be great to see all these built up in NATO colours V.P. 

Cheers.. Dave (the non committing host)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:D  See we knew you'd have to accept the position eventually!

 

It'll make a man out of you.....or drive you to more tinnies! :cheers:

 

Just think of it as "tag", now you just need to find someone else..........he say's running away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice group @vppelt68 !

Knowing the Revell kit, these to me all look well below the 25% limit, as really there has been very little assembly done. And of course all subjects would be eligible as US designed/built aircraft in foreign service

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

They are the F-16:s I started some years ago in their STGB but miserably failed to finish (surprise, surprise!). Here are some pics of their current state. I have decals for Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Belgian and Portuguese AM:s and shop for Italian B ADF decals, found in some Italeri kits. So, definitely "Yanks Abroad"....

The first two will also work for the Scandi GB ;) Plus, if you want a little longer, there's the option of working on them under the unofficial year-long 90s NATO section in the 'They Also Serve' GB :D 

Edited by Col.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Col. said:

The first two will also work for the Scandi GB ;) Plus, if you want a little longer, there's the option of working on them under the unofficial year-long 90s NATO section in the 'They Also Serve' GB :D 

Let's not forget the Dutch F-16AM that shot down a Serbian MiG-29 in Bosnia, the first real AMRAAM kill anywhere I believe. Wasn' t that one of those Small Wars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Let's not forget the Dutch F-16AM that shot down a Serbian MiG-29 in Bosnia, the first real AMRAAM kill anywhere I believe. Wasn' t that one of those Small Wars?

It most certainly works for that one :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...