+++ Yanks Abroad: US made or designed stuff used by other Countries And we made it to 30 !

Giorgio N

On 11/17/2018 at 10:18 AM, Arniec said:

I am certainly interessted in this GB. Count me in with what? Have no idea jet. 

Cheers, 

Added to the list !

With the GB happening in 2020 there will be plenty of time to decide on a subject 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like this one.  Some of my Cold War (and post CW) arsenal would fit right in.  😎

F-104G/CF-104 - Netherlands, Turkey, Belgium, Norway, Canada

F-16A ADF/MLU - Italy, Netherlands 

F-35A - Aussieland

F-100D - France

T-2C/E - Greece

F-15I - Israel

Hellcat Mk.II - Royal Navy

Mustang Mk.1a - RAF

Edited by helios16v
Col. assisted w/ my blindness
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, helios16v said:

How do US designed aircraft built under license by the operating countries fit in?  For example the CF-104 (Canada), F-15I (Israel), and the F-15J (Japan).

Think I can answer this one on Giorgio's behalf as I asked the same question earlier :) 

On 11/14/2018 at 1:26 PM, Giorgio N said:

My view would be the same adopted for the Brits Abroad GB: anything license built that retains the main features of the original American design and is immediately recognisable as such is allowed. This would mean that any foreign built F-104 for example is eligible, even the S as it still is pretty much an F-104.

A Westland Wessex on the other hand would probably be excluded as the "British content" is such that this can be seen as a separate type.

There are some subjects where things are a bit more complicated, like Sabres. No problem for a Canadair Mk.2 or 4, the 5 however had a different engine. Still it was externally identical fo an F-86F. The Mk.6 then introduced a type of wing that no US built Sabre ever had, how should we consider this ? Personally I would consider all eligible and the same would apply to the most modified of all foreign built Sabres, the CAC Avon powered variants.

The Westland Sea King is another potentially troublesome subject, from one side they are a separate family but from the other they are still Sea Kings... really, if modellers don't have any particular strong feeling I'd just consider them all eligible. At this point I may even consider the Wessex as eligible

• Like 1

22 hours ago, helios16v said:

F-35A - Aussieland

F-100D - France

T-2C/E - Greece

F-15I - Israel

Mustang Mk.1a - RAF

Geez what do you have against either generation of Corsairs. 😉 Just saying you have Greek & Portugese A-7’s and multiple users of the F4U. 😉

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

What do you have against either generation of Corsairs. 😉 Just saying you have Greek & Portugese A-7’s and multiple users of the F4U. 😉

I love the Corsairs...I just don't "currently" have any in the stash at the moment.  I would love a Kiwi F4U and a Hellenic A-7K.  And let me emphasize "currently"...because I'm always keeping half an eye open for a good deal even though I really don't "need" more kits.

Or if I had the decals, a Kiwi Scooter wouldn't be out of the question.

Edited by helios16v
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, helios16v said:

I like this one.  Some of my Cold War (and post CW) arsenal would fit right in.  😎

F-35A - Aussieland

F-100D - France

T-2C/E - Greece

F-15I - Israel

Mustang Mk.1a - RAF

All interesting subjects ! Col. has already sorted the matter regarding license builds, so no problem here-

Will add you to the list ASAP !

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 12:11 PM, Grandboof said:

Yes please Giorgio 

Something civil from Mr Douglas or Mr Boeing or Mr Lockheed 

Martin H 

Great, will add you to the list ! I'd love to see more airliner in a GB like this, considering how US manufacturers have dominated the market for decades there's a lot of potential subjects

18 hours ago, Ale85 said:

Good idea! I like it!

ciao

Ale

Great, I'll add you to the list !

On 12/30/2018 at 10:11 PM, Grandboof said:

Yes please Giorgio 

Something civil from Mr Douglas or Mr Boeing or Mr Lockheed 

Martin H 

I did not think of that, I have plenty of options in the civil space as well for this GB

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/7/2019 at 10:33 PM, richellis said:

I’ll join if that’s ok, probably an American truck, used in the UK if that’s ok

Sorry for not noticing this before, will add you to the list !

A truck would be great ! More so after having watched your fantastic build for the Brits Abroad GB

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 11:21 PM, Angus Tura said:

Certainly on for this Giorgio. Maybe a P-51 but there is certainly a wide choice,

Alan

That's great Alan, added you to the list !

A P-51 is sure an interesting subject, would that be RAF ?

Fairly likely, Giorgio.

I'm currently in the grip of mustang- frenzy! However there are more in the stash than I could do in a year. So, maybe RAF but also maybe RAAF, FAG, FAS, FAB, Sweden.....

So, frankly, G.O.K.!

Alan 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 9:52 PM, helios16v said:

Need to pull this one from the depths.  Any more takers?  Lots of options in lots of environments.  :clap:

You're right, I should push this more often.. anyone else interested ? Think of the many users of US aircraft, vehicles and ships ! So many colour schemes