Revell Junkers F-13

PatW

Initially a postal service with just 4 seats and pilot and co- pilot, 1920 era.

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

The decals are not transparent, having a greyish tint.

Edited by PatW
  • Like 27

A great subject and you've done a top job on it,Pat

I got carried away with mine and built it in the Danzig Postal red & silver, on conventional u/c; not totally accurate but, as they say, "it's my model.....!"

Going to have to find myself another to replicate the silver floatplane, 'cos yours is very nice.

Any probs with the float struts ?

Cheers.........Rog

2 hours ago, roginoz said:

A great subject and you've done a top job on it,Pat

I got carried away with mine and built it in the Danzig Postal red & silver, on conventional u/c; not totally accurate but, as they say, "it's my model.....!"

Going to have to find myself another to replicate the silver floatplane, 'cos yours is very nice.

Any probs with the float struts ?

Cheers.........Rog

Thanks Rog. I normally have problems with these struts as I'm a seaplane fan. But I calmly put the pieces on one at a time and when connecting them all up just a little tweak here and there. The outside struts go on after the first set with the floats are mounted and set in place, so no problems for the first time ever!

I used Plasti-Kote chrome rattle can, so get a reasonable shine without a gloss coat for the decals to stick to.

Yes the postal red & silver decals are very nice and colourful, which I like and perhaps should have put them on this, as being Switzerland must have a few lakes to land on with the mail!

Edited by PatW

Interesting subject and nice build, with the added challenge of the floats.

Well done!

P/S: I built one long ago, if you cut the individual images (on the large decals, like the wing ones) you eliminate most of the carrier, although still they have issues adhering to the corrugated surface, and you have to watch the alignment during application.

The decal set of this kit leaves a lot to be desired, and that's the manufacturers fault.

Congrats for an unusual and charming model.

Thanks Moa.  I built the floats up one piece at a time and let each part dry thoroughly., having had a few problems trying to attach all parts at the same time when the glue is still not set.

Yes If I'd have seen what the decals were like beforehand I would have cut the letters/numbers away and laid them up individually, as I've had to a few times in the past.

I masked and painted the red bands and squares, and cut out the crosses and numbers, as I'd heard about the carrier film issues and had previous experience of trying to get a good result on a corrugated surface.

The Junkers emblem.......silvered...!!

Thanks, Pat, for the heads up regarding the floats, something I'll bear in mind.

Were it not for the fact that my camera has self destructed, I'd be able to post a shot of it.

Rog

Well thanks guys, I'm amazed at the  interest in this kit!