Trumpeter 1/700 USS NImitz

An older model that I finally got around to photographing properly after learning a few tips on how to use composite photography and software to get large models properly into focus.

This is the Trumpeter 1/700 USS Nimitz with the Eduard PE set, Starfighter deck decals and extra aircraft from Pit Road. I'd probably do a bunch of things differently if I were to build the ship today, but this was an interesting learning process. Although the aircraft turned out quite nice overall, I kind of regret using the supplied decals from Trumpeter and Pit Road instead of getting the correct airwing decals for Nimitz circa anno 1980-1982 so the model cannot be said to be historically accurate. This was also my first attempt at lighting a model and I made a bunch of mistakes, like connecting the diodes in series instead of parallel. Still I am pretty happy with the overall result.

Enjoy!

nimitz1.jpgnimitz.jpgnimitz2.jpgnimitz3.jpgnimitz4.jpgnimitz5.jpgnimitz6.jpgnimitz7.jpgnimitz8.jpgnimitz9.jpgnimitz10.jpgnimitz12.jpgnimitz11.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Extraordinary to me that the 'tone' of the finish of each individual component blends seamlessly...a very difficult thing to do at small-scale, and especially when there are so many different individual bits, each done separately (to some degree). Really superb!