P47D Thunderbolt - Norma Hasegawa 1:72

Enjoyable basic cheap £6.99 kit.   Bad points:  The landing gear struts needed trimming back, as far too long.  The decals are very thick, but apply with no chance of falling apart..

The interior detailing is non existent not even a joy stick.  The thickness of the wings is a little off.   The wheel wells have no detail.

Good points :. The plastic is lovely to work with, almost no flash, fit is very good... 

Conlusion:. Well worth the money.   Great basis for practice. -. Something I need greatly.  

DSC_0218DSC_0221DSC_0216DSC_021854Lyke

Norma was the name Lt Brad Muhl added to his jug to impress a nurse he met at a dance in Italy.  She took it as a sign he was serious about her and they married.  A 1996 feature in the Hartford Courant reported it was in the 52nd year...

• Like 19

Nice work!

I agree, it is a good (cheap) kit to practice on, or do multiple different liveries if the details are not a central concern.

After a few of these, I recommend the Revell P-47D and P-47M kits.  The Academy P-47D kit isn't too bad either.

:goodjob:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, kapam said:

Nice work!

I agree, it is a good (cheap) kit to practice on, or do multiple different liveries if the details are not a central concern.

After a few of these, I recommend the Revell P-47D and P-47M kits.  The Academy P-47D kit isn't too bad either.

:goodjob:

Hasegawa only provide the decal Norma and from other pics on web on the other side, Little Bunny and Helen are shown...  Multiple pilots and their sweethearts. 

Can F32 comment after viewing?