Zvezda 1/72 Tiger - Wittmann at Kursk

Matt_

3 hours ago, Kris B said:

You don't need to punch your face yourself, you need tap to the shoulder. Good job. 

:phew: Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Soeren said:

Matt, Matt, Matt... I guess you can't leave it like that. Get another kit and start over again.

I wait here watching ;)

🙀 🙀 🙀

:frantic:

• Haha 1

Slow and steady this week. Took the kids to Duxford on Sunday. Eldest wanted to get an Xtrakit 1/72 Vampire from the 2nd hand shop, so I've had to help him get started with that.

I've managed to get the decals on, and the various bits and bobs base-coated.

First time I've used Mr Metal Color Dark Iron, Seems to work quite nicely for the tools. Instead of trying to dry brush something that small, you can just buff the edges with a cotton bud. I think I'm a convert. Everything else was various Vallejo colours Trying to wet blend on those tool handles is a bit tricky. 🔬

L5YFmsuV5uETcjzh0T97_Q7voqr3Zc5zcj4aAvxz

v66YBiOH9CSqCOJUspmW8L87brEhUOa_BCUU3Qag

Hopefully I can get some clear on it tomorrow ready for some weathering. :fingerscrossed:

...although I've just spotted I didn't finish the tow cables. 🙈 So I shall have to finish that first. :facepalm:

• Like 4

Not going to get around to getting the airbrush out this evening as I'm 1% Human, 99% Phlegm, and I've spent most of the day asleep. 🤧

Though while the Lemsip was at maximum effectiveness, I did manage to finish off the base colours of the tools.

xljdQm9jiikLW_I0J1IfWOAWFGXYiMB1kWGPIeZp

• Like 5

Thanks Johnny. Nearly-ish there. Had to put everything on hold for bit as we finally exchanged on the new house - moving next Thursday. PANIC! :frantic:

I put all my modelling stuff in boxes last night, updates to the Tiger will hopefully resume in the holidays. 🎄 🎅  

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone. 👋

Thread From the Dead! 🧟‍♂️

Updates didn't resume in the holidays. 🕰️ 

* hangs head in shame *

This little chap has spent most of the last 2 years in a tuppaware box. I got it out for a week or so at some point and started weathering it, but wasn't that happy with what I did, so I put it away again. 

I'm trying to clear out a few shelf queens at the moment, so I will try and finish it off.

This is where we're at: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

First AFV build, seriously?  :o

You should be well pleased with that.....I would be.  :coolio:

Your approach to the build was spot on.....IMHO you should treat yourself to a really good base kit and give 1/72 armour some more of your attention. 

• Thanks 1