Avro York drawings

stever219

Please could someone point me in the direction of some reasonably accurate drawings for the York?  I’ve been contemplating a part-scratch-built conversion in either 1/72th or 1/48th scale for some time but I’ve been thwarted by lack of decent drawings.  The one set that I do presently have show the fuselage sides as curved in plan view where photos show them as straight so there’s no way I’ll be using them as a reference: they also appear to show early-style Lancaster radiator and carburettor intake details.  I don’t need drawings that show the position of every last rivet (no two airframes had them all in exactly the same place anyway I should think), but obviously skin joints, access panels, fairings, lights and aerials etc would be appreciated.

Thanks Adam.  There’s one at Duxford too and I’ve been fortunate enough to have been allowed inside both.  Cosford’s is unrestored and is redolent of trash-hauling for a living.  Duxford’s is restored and probably looks better than the first time she emerged from the paint shop when she went to Dan-Air.