ruth

On 1/31/2019 at 3:11 PM, Marklo said:

It all looks real... magnificent work. (also glad to see your rigging lines are black, RAF wires were generally lacquered black and quite prominent, none of this invisible thread lark :) )

I've never heard of that before, nor have I ever seen an aircraft with the wires lacquered black. Curious to know where that came from.

Ian

Funny that I've been reading a lot of WWI books and the Ray Rimmel reference books and RAF wires are frequently referred to as flattened profile and lacquered in black. Must root out some of the references.

Edited by Marklo

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo again

Now all flying surfaces got their first paint treatment. Pre shading of ribs. Due to the surface finish color, I used a brown for the underside and black to the top surface. The masking was a task of entire patience. The spraying process was quickly done. The final colors also. After this again a major task of patience. All metal plates for the wing support plates and struts had to get their black finish. Again masking all over. The biggest area to spray was the walk way on the top surface of the underwing.

Now you see the final result.

I will do the decals and eyelets as the next steps.

Happy modelling

TmHTw6l.jpg

rSaU3CF.jpg

rGJIUiZ.jpg

89Apff7.jpg

ebL9HUe.jpg

kmHeSKN.jpg

vtO5bFi.jpg

Uyb6ex3.jpg

hu5DpqY.jpg

YPhwesQ.jpg

lbcoCc7.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 months later...

Hallo again

After a long break in the forum, here what I did: I finished the model. To build up the main plane, with all the struts, and I rigged afterwards the entire static rigging. No control cables at all!

The most important tiny point is to watch out carefully, that no eyelet sticks to far in the hole for the main tail booms. This occurred at my husband’s model!

Well, the tail booms mounted and all goes quite fast. Assembling all the parts. Think first, how to proceed and then do it.

As you see: The control cables where the very last, expect the canon and windshield and so on.

In all, I was astonished to see it all happen, after the tail was assembled, it worked out all so quickly.

A very nice designed model. All the model companies can learn from WNW. I will watch out carefully, when my husband starts with his AEG, the Gotha and 0/400……

Happy modelling

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 14

I am getting confused with all the F2Bs around here. This one's definitely a work of art. I may get around to my DH2 next year, which will be my test as to wether I'm modeller enough to make an F2b of my own. (probably in the same way as getting a kitten was a primer for parenthood, sort of)

• 4 months later...