n/a

I like that!! Well done AR918 for producing something really quite different, I sometimes think that we get a bit hung up on the “ultimate realism” (which of course is a great target) that we forget to have a bit of fun along the way. I also like the lovely “clean” finish to the finished kit. In my younger, bike riding days, you’d be laughed off the road if it wasn’t black with black trim, so I could just imagine riding this Honda to meet up with my mates ........

I’ve built a couple of 1/12 Tamiya Ducati’s recently that went together well, I’m not sure if they fall into the “modern kit” category, but they produced a nice finished article.

Regards Ian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 20:29, Ian T said:

I like that!! Well done AR918 for producing something really quite different, I sometimes think that we get a bit hung up on the “ultimate realism” (which of course is a great target) that we forget to have a bit of fun along the way. I also like the lovely “clean” finish to the finished kit...

Thanks Ian, yeah I wouldn't ride this if it was 1/1 scale, must keep the street-cred in mind at all times! Great Dukes by the way, top job.

The realistic finishes on a lot of models here are inspirational and at some point I'll have learned enough to have a go at this style. A member here did a stunning courier CB750-F, there was rust, damage and even a cigarette carton on the seat! For the moment though, I like the clean look, even if it's a little toy-like.

All the best.

• Like 1

I like this a lot. Not sure if I'd build it in such a pristine finish, but I like what you've done.

The Factory Custom kit is a favourite of mine, because of the extra parts - the handlebars are more appropriate for a CB750 (the stock bars are for a CB900) and the exhaust is nice. I enquired of the importer HobbyCo, how much it would cost just to purchase that sprue from Japan, and they reckoned on about £12 including postage. Damn, you can buy the whole kit for just a bit more if you shop around, so that's what I've done.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Love it 'Benaton: united colours of biking' lol, I've just ordered this Kit myself this morning absolute bargain 14.99 GBP posted!

Yes! Never noticed the Benaton-esque look😏. You'll be surprised how many Tamiya kits you can get for under £20 from retailers these days. Welcome to the forum!

All the best

• AR918 changed the title to n/a