Tamiya Eunos Roadster

Ok, the first car build - so nothing amazing.   managed to mess up the clear parts with superglue - which i then tried to polish out

Had some meguiars ultimate compound in the garage, which I used on the bodywork along with some wax-  now need to decide whether to go with another car build as I did enjoy this - especially the polishing

31827752988_f3ec70d4a4_c.jpg31827752178_9b545d71c0_c.jpg31827751628_575b56ec3e_c.jpg31827751928_bd93e6eeae_c.jpg

31827752508_abbf1f8bc1_c.jpg

• Like 3

Nice, I use Halfords rattle cans for car builds now, mainly for convenience, I also found that their white/grey plastic primers are great quality and value, I used to use tamiya and Vallejo primers but found Halfords plastic primers just as good. Also another Halfords gem is their soft sanding/polishing pads, sort of like micromesh... but cheaper, I use them on all builds now (aircraft, cars, figures) it's great for 'sanding' between coats or before final polishing! Another little tip which I picked up from the fantastic builds on BM is to use white glue for transparencys :) What's next on the bench?

Andy.

Edited by ElectricLightAndy

nice tips thanks!!    I have heard good things about the Halfords Primers.   Because I bought an Airbrush thought i should make use of ready mixed primer and the Tamiya pots once thinned go down really well.

I was in Halfords the other day, but couldn't see those sanding/polishing pads?  will have another look tomorrow i think.

have just started this 

45580351201_112742210d_c.jpg

I had a lot of fun with the car though, and enjoyed the whole polishing process!!    I keep on coming back to wanting to have a go at this kit

30788813177_6322ee47e8_c.jpg

Thanks

Andy