Jump to content

1/35 Scimitar and Warrior - Iraq 2003


Recommended Posts

1/35 AFV Club Scimitar (built a few years ago) with an Academy Warrior on a desert base.

Accurate Armour figures and Eduard PE on both vehicles. Accurate Armour resin upgrades and some kit on the Warrior and Fruil tracks on both,

Sign from Paul Boyle;  paul@pbmodelmaking.co.uk

  

WIP here;

30756062457_7dcf3b561c_h.jpg

 

31824306068_8d0332e024_h.jpg

 

43878799020_06aad62fd8_h.jpg

 

30756061217_b2b0fb9e82_h.jpg

 

31824310758_d0ef9e7264_h.jpg

 

43878807140_4800c571f6_c.jpg

 

30756059097_f75418da11_h.jpg

 

 

31824303008_0d512fd599_h.jpg

 

30756058697_a99d42bda9_h.jpg

 

44971829344_d4ca49ced6_h.jpg

 

31824311768_258325480a_h.jpg

 

44971826544_9eb5c8db5f_h.jpg

 

31824309488_edb5f8b25a_h.jpg

 

43878805030_211759321e_h.jpg

 

 

43878804200_28cda3b037_h.jpg

 

31824304188_d89cc8f5c1_h.jpg

 

30756059817_3bf0a1e0b3_c.jpg

 

 

 

Hope you like it.

 

Cheers

 

Nick

 

  • Like 36
Link to post
Share on other sites

All of the above and then some. Congrats on the eyeballs especially.

May I ask what you used for the aerials? I suspect carbon fibre?

 

Rearguards,

Badder

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the kind comments, much appreciated!

 

22 hours ago, Badder said:

All of the above and then some. Congrats on the eyeballs especially.

May I ask what you used for the aerials? I suspect carbon fibre?

 

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder and correct - carbon fibre from Accurate Armour, I like 'em

 

2 hours ago, Kris B said:

Super Nick, you shown that not only ships you can build. 

Cheers Kris, enjoyed it but back to ships now 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nick Charnock said:

Thanks Badder and correct - carbon fibre from Accurate Armour, I like 'em

Cool. Thought so. I don't know how much you paid for them, but I used carbon fibre stems from some of my old pole-fishing floats. They were fairly cheap at the Angling Shop and come in various lengths and diameters. Might be worth considering? What IS worth doing is asking around anglers to see if they have any old/damaged/unwanted carbon fibre pole floats.

 

Reaguards,

Badder

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2018 at 11:54 AM, PlaStix said:

Those two look superb! Very well done! :clap2::thumbsup::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix

On 11/5/2018 at 7:41 PM, Badder said:

Cool. Thought so. I don't know how much you paid for them, but I used carbon fibre stems from some of my old pole-fishing floats. They were fairly cheap at the Angling Shop and come in various lengths and diameters. Might be worth considering? What IS worth doing is asking around anglers to see if they have any old/damaged/unwanted carbon fibre pole floats.

 

Reaguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder, I'l give hat a go.

On 11/6/2018 at 6:51 PM, FrancisGL said:

Magnificent pair of vehicles, the weathering was very authentic, and the crew fits very well in the set. :goodjob:

Cheers Nick 👍

Thanks Francis

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 6:23 AM, beefy66 said:

Cracking job on both vehicles and base there Nick another winner. 👍🏻

 

Beefy

Cheers Beefy 

On 12/6/2018 at 6:20 AM, phildagreek said:

Looks good!

Thanks Phil

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2018 at 9:24 PM, Bish said:

Couple of very nice vehciles there, i have both in the stash myself, nice to see them together. And very nicely weathered.

 

On 12/11/2018 at 3:57 AM, Stesca said:

Really nicely done, subtle and nice simple presentation.

Thanks Chaps 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...