1/35 Scimitar and Warrior - Iraq 2003

Nick C

• 5 months later...
26 minutes ago, ancientmariner said:

I have an Academy Warrior in my stash. Is the Accurate Armour interior kit worth getting for this kit? Present cost of the interior kit is £58. Thanks

Martin

Hope this answers your question 😀 If you do go for it just be aware it makes the kit very heavy so you might want to pin the suspension arms!

Edited by ivan-o

7 minutes ago, ancientmariner said:

Hi,

Thanks very much. Does it make it that much heavier, that you actually need to pin the suspension arms?

Martin

Hi Martin,

I would say it is advisable,the arms on the kit are not that thick and there is a good chunk of resin to be added!

The actual interior is very easy to install and went together with no problems,as you say it’s expensive but you do get what you pay for in this instance.

Hope I have helped,

Ivan

2 hours ago, ancientmariner said:

Hi,

How exactly would I pin the suspension arms, to make them stronger? Thanks

Martin

Drill a hole through the length of them and insert some 0.4/0.5 wire,failing that you could strengthen the inside of the arm by glueing the wire to them but I don’t know how effective that would be.

You could very well get away with not doing anything! it’s only my thoughts on it. 😀

Ivan

Edited by ivan-o

Mind me asking a daft , but, I never seen such clean vehicles that are supposed to represent the ones in Gulf War 2 . My vehicle after abit, had fuel stains around the armoured fuel cap, black soot from the exhaust over the side , well worn around the drivers hatch , Commander hatch and the back door. You couldn't go two clicks without getting covered in dust everywhere, engine decks, turret and running gear.

Edited by Niallmhor4942
Forgot something
  • Like 2

On 6/29/2019 at 10:12 PM, Niallmhor4942 said:

Mind me asking a daft , but, I never seen such clean vehicles that are supposed to represent the ones in Gulf War 2 . My vehicle after abit, had fuel stains around the armoured fuel cap, black soot from the exhaust over the side , well worn around the drivers hatch , Commander hatch and the back door. You couldn't go two clicks without getting covered in dust everywhere, engine decks, turret and running gear.

Hi mate, when I built 'em I didn't want to over do the weathering - looks like I went a bit light!

Thanks for the feedback, good to hear from someone with first hand knowledge.

Cheers

Nick

They are very good  Nick . Just little things like the spockets teeth , fuel stains , wear on the paint work from boots. By the way the vehicle was a M109A2 and been american the exhaust is on the right hand side just offset from where the Gun number one stands in his hatch. ( this was Gulf War one 90-91)

Edited by Niallmhor4942
Forgot the date
  • Like 1

On 29/06/2019 at 19:22, ancientmariner said:

Hi,

Thanks, I don’t have the interior kit as yet,was just wondering about the details of it. I would have thought that when the tracks were in place ,they would sufficiently support the suspension arms.

Martin

Hi,

Received the accurate armour interior kit for the Academy Warrior. I don’t think that it is going to be so heavy that you need to strengthen the suspension arms. The resin parts are quite light.

Martin