In search of a 1:35 scale dump truck kit

Svedberg

Hi all! I'm tossing around ideas for a future dioarama scene including my recently built 1:35 scale Hitachi excavator. One idea is to have a dump truck accompanying the digger, but my Internet searches for such a kit have so far been negative. So I thought I would ask all knowledgeable people here. Does anyone know about a 1:35 scale dump truck kit? It should be a reasonably contemporary truck that can pass for use here where I am, so something like a Volvo, Scania, Man or similar would be nice. Like this, although this is only an example of the type of truck I'm looking for:

Schakt-Transport.jpg

I guess I really only need the truck itself. I can always build the flatbed myself.

Any help greatly appreciated,
Lennart

Edited by Svedberg

http://www.modellversium.de/galerie/20-lkw/9320-mitsubishi-fuso-great-dump-truck-aoshima.html

Aoshima makes 1/32 scale trucks. Might be ok with the 1/35 kit. I found this tipper you might like. Its a Fuso (Mitsubishi) which may or may not be thick on the ground in your area. 

• Like 2

@Pete in Lincs, @Richard E, @Sandlapper, @Rob G thank you all for your input. Very much appreciated! I do think that Aoshima 1/32 is the best bet so far. There are some other possible candidates  here:  Link to Aoshima page. But I have to think about this some more. And I don't know if any of these are actually available.

Once again - thanks!

• Like 1

Hi Svedberg,

I do know that Hino trucks were at one time, made in Ireland. so that would mean that you would see them on European roads. I have certainly seen there here in the UK.

Hope that helps your decision making. 

Cheers, Alan.

• Thanks 1

Svedberg, you may need to order the Aoshima kit directly from Japan hobbylinc Japan is a good site for that. They (Aoshima) make some pretty wild food trucks that are worth looking at.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Alan R and @Artie!

I have been looking around on the various suggestions, but at least for the time being, I will skip the dumper idea. Items are eithet out of stock or would stretch my kitbashing abilities too far.

But thanks for your interest anyway! All of you have been of great help.

Edited by Svedberg