1/72 hawker hunter f6

This was my choice for a quick build between finishing HMS Muskeeter and whatever I pick up at Telford, unfortunatly it rapidly turned into a nightmare............... no fault of the kit which is great (no Hunter expert this is the first i've ever built but it seemed like a very nice kit, if there's any real issues with it I didn't fix them!)

Right from the off things went wrong

Paint finish is a mess..... white turned yellow, masking was crooked, red overspray on grey areas, the red wingtips should extend further inboard (should have looked at pics instead of just relying on the xtradecal instructions) I then managed to place the two upperwing roundals assymetrically which meant positioning of the scratchbuilt pylon lumps on the upper surface were wrongly positioned..... and to round it all off I managed to pull the starboard serial number off with an errant piece of masking tape just before finishing up....  ETC Arrrhhhh really glad this ones behind me, may well build another in the future as the subject and kit look good (won't bother with the flightpath detail set as it proved to be a bit of a fiddly pain in the A***)

45685381681_69c9c6e3c0_k.jpg45634866462_d2e77ae39a_k.jpg45685369001_287a1a759e_k.jpg43867481110_601b92f5ae_k.jpg30744713417_bc35147e3e_k.jpg45685395811_8348e682a7_k.jpg45634900752_07a1ff3717_k.jpg

• Like 37

I like it,...……………….. as well as 4 FTS...…………..I think it looks quiet good, at least; even though you encountered self in flicked wounds, you persevered with it and gave it a base...…..like the little diorama, dont be too hard on yourself.........unless you had pointed out your faults, I wouldn't have found anything wrong with it...…………….still straining my eyes to find them...……..I like it

A great kit, well done despite the problems, which I also can't see properly, well maybe the roundel, but I must confess I didn't see it until you mentioned it, and then I saw it, but doesn't detract at all, could send you a replacement if you want.  

Hi,

I haven't read what you wrote, but I did read the previous comments. I was just going to say how lovely your model is, and I will stick to this statement

Absolutely lovely Hunter. If there are errors, I missed them, so who cares!

We are our worst enemies, most of the time!!!!

Well done.

JR

• Like 1

Hi there,

Salmo,well done.

For normal human beings like me this is the level I would be very-very satisfied to achieve.

The result is more than impressive.

Regards,Laz

I think you're too hard on yourself! That Hunter looks fantastic. I almost never have any issues with any kits yet none of them turn out as good as this Hunter! Great work on it, especially if you had issues with it.