Royal Marine Westland Scout Falklands Camouflage

RAGATIGER

Hi there

Well I certanily sure that this post right thread must me cold war, but anyway there is another post also here regarding Royal Marines Gazelles, so probably here also this one can get more answers

Same I´m just doing a very old Airfix Westland Scout AH.1 in 1/72 scale. This by the way a wonderfull scale but this kit so neglected as at least today so few information can be found 

I wonder about the color scheme and the camouflage patern

Also appreciated engine photos

Best day

Armando

The RM Scouts had virtually the same black/green camouflage as the AAC.  Previous to the war, the words ROYAL MARINES was painted in white on each side of the fuselage boom, plus the aircraft's Code letter was positioned in white on the nose and the upper tail.  These were painted out on transit to the South Atlantic.

Mike

3 hours ago, bootneck said:

The RM Scouts had virtually the same black/green camouflage as the AAC.  Previous to the war, the words ROYAL MARINES was painted in white on each side of the fuselage boom, plus the aircraft's Code letter was positioned in white on the nose.  These were painted out on transit to the South Atlantic.

Mike

100000 thanks Mike

That´s the exact piece of info I was looking for !!!! (Even wonder where to get those decals as print in black is possible but not in white)

Regards

Armando

Model Art does ARMY, ROYAL NAVY and ROYAL MARINES lettering in white, and black.  You will need to order their code item GEN 005 for the white decals.  The sheet also contains ROYAL AIR FORCE, RAF, RESCUE and TRANSPORT COMMAND SUPPORT plus individual letters.

Mike