Hurricane Mk. IIb Revell 1/72

Hello friends!

Another one of my lates works. Actually, the model was started more than 10 years ago, in 2007th, but I have finished it few months ago.

The model I have built straight of the box, only gun tubes were replaced, navigation and landing flaps were done by me. The exhaust tubes were drilled out also.

The painting is clean with light, non emphasized weathering. Some micro weathering, chiping, etc., but nothing too heavy and dirty.

For this model I put more attention on the dispaly base, and in my humble opinion, the grass become quite good.

The wheel chocks are made by me and painted in wood color.

Hope you like it! :)

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

• Like 52
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stefanoff said:

What about the grass, guys? What you think?

Oh yeah! The grass looks great. What did you use? As I do 1/72 scale, I'd like to know so I can maybe try it sometime.

Chris

Fantastic work! I like how the panel lines go through the decals. That is not always easy to achieve, but it makes the decals more look like painted on.

How did you drill out the exhaust tubes? They are so tiny.

Hi Stefanoff,

I like it all: Hurricane AND grass!

I have never dared (or always been too lazy?) to build a diorama for a model, so I am always very impressed when they are simple and look s right, just like yours does.

So I guess congratulations are definitely in order!

JR

18 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Stefanoff,

I like it all: Hurricane AND grass!

I have never dared (or always been too lazy?) to build a diorama for a model, so I am always very impressed when they are simple and look s right, just like yours does.

So I guess congratulations are definitely in order!

JR

I have to agree Jean - a simple vignette really lifts an already great looking bird.

• Like 1

Thank you for the good words, friends! I'm glad you liked my work.

The grass is few types, different colors, of static grass, layed over a dirt base, covered with few types of scatter. I wanted to mix different colors of grass to achieve the airfield grass effect and not to fulfill the entire base only with grass, the dirt have to be visible too. I think it happened quite well.

About the decals I forgot to mention that the original Revell decals are in wrong color. Lettering and the S band are in somekind of vivid light green shade. Nothing common with the egg blue color. So, I painted and masked the S-band, after that I airbushed the letters in the same color. When they dry I cut them carrefuly and put them on the model. In this way the letters and the band are in same, correct, dolor.

• Like 1