Eduard (Kinetic) Top Falcon - NSAWC Viper 1/48

5 hours ago, FortyEighter said:

You've got a really nice finish on this model!

I've got the same one that has been sat in primer for ages, I really must get round to finishing it (in the blue / grey aggressor scheme).

Thank you. Same thing happened with my arctic aggressor. Spent over two years as a shelf queen..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Avgas said:

Thank you. Same thing happened with my arctic aggressor. Spent over two years as a shelf queen..

Having drooled over your vipers, I retrieved my Tamiya F16C/N and F16C/J out of the stash to optimistically see if I could quick build them and use the Two Bobs decal sheet for an arctic aggressor and the other as a Nellis aggressor (blue obviously).  I looked through the contents, noting all the ejector holes on every part of the undercarriage as you said, they are now back in the stash and I am writing out two hundred lines of "I must finish the kits I have started"

Bob.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Having drooled over your vipers, I retrieved my Tamiya F16C/N and F16C/J out of the stash to optimistically see if I could quick build them and use the Two Bobs decal sheet for an arctic aggressor and the other as a Nellis aggressor (blue obviously).  I looked through the contents, noting all the ejector holes on every part of the undercarriage as you said, they are now back in the stash and I am writing out two hundred lines of "I must finish the kits I have started"

Bob.

If you decide to leave them in the stash I'll happily take the  1/48 CJ off your hands :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Bob.

haha yea modelling is a mind game sometimes.

I'm surprised about the ejector pin marks on the Tamiya kit tbh, after all I've heard about it. You've reminded me about the ejector pin marks on this Kinetic kit. There was one on the canopy frame of all places. I'd forgotten about that strangely, or maybe it was subconsciously surpressed lol..

24 minutes ago, Avgas said:

That's going to be a stunner! Looks really good mate. Straight from the box? Just looking at some of the detail and it looks pretty crisp. 

Thanks :) I hope so.  Tamiya C/N. I had decided that a GE powered blk30 was a must this time around, and when I googled the serial of the chosen airframe I spotted the new splinter scheme and I couldn't resist the challenge. This project consists of:

- Aires cockpit 

- Eduard radar 

- Eduard speed brakes 

- Two Bobs splinter aggressor decals

- Two bobs CATM/ACMI pod decals 

The scheme was a tough one to mask and took a lot of time but it paid off :)

Edited by planehazza

1 hour ago, planehazza said:

The scheme was a tough one to mask and took a lot of time but it paid off :)

It certainly did! Nice work on the black/white transitioning walkway demarcation lines.

19 hours ago, Avgas said:

haha yea modelling is a mind game sometimes.

I'm surprised about the ejector pin marks on the Tamiya kit tbh, after all I've heard about it. You've reminded me about the ejector pin marks on this Kinetic kit. There was one on the canopy frame of all places. I'd forgotten about that strangely, or maybe it was subconsciously surpressed lol..

I know it's only quibbling at a very minor problem when I think of the quality of kits in past years, but Eduard and other companies manage to avoid having ejector pin holes in  detailed areas where its very difficult to fill and cleanup, I checked other Tamiya and Hasegawa kits and they all have them. Must be a Japanese thing.

• Like 1