Superglue removal from windscreen??

andmarsh

Been there, done that, but don’t worry all is not lost. My suggestions to effect a repair would be as follows: If it’s only a smear I would use automotive T-cut (or some other fine liquid cutting agent) applying it with a cotton bud (or cotton cloth) and gently cut back the affected area. When finished any liquid car polish can be used to finish off. Alternatively you could use Tamiya’s own polishing pastes.  If the glue is quite thick then the only course of action is to use various grades of ‘wet or dry’ paper, possibly starting at 2400 grit and working up to 12000 grit, and then finishing off with a liquid polish. If you choose this method don’t forget it is essential to use the grit paper ‘wet’ for best results. 

For future projects could I suggest you perhaps try Revell’s Contacta Clear instead of CA? I’ve found this to be ideal for clear parts as it has a fairly quick setting time and is completely clear when dry.

Edited by Bill.B

You can get a tube or small bottle of superglue release. Meant to release your fingers from that piece of photo-etch. Not only do I use it for that but also to remove unwanted superglue blobs off kits. It does not harm the plastic at all

• Like 1

You must have different superglue release... The Roket Glue Buster I have will certainly soften the surface of plastic, and I've never dared get use it on a clear piece...

For future reference, it's hard to beat Formula 560 Canopy Glue for attaching clear parts -- it's basically PVA that dries crystal clear. Has no effect on plastic, glues very firmly, and can be softened and removed with water if you need to...

best,

M.