Halifax Tolerton finished at least

Hello all,

I I finished the Tolerton Halifax begun some years ago

A 419 squadron Halifax (Medicine Hat) was   the very last bomber  to land after the Peenemunde raid 

Unfortunately Medicine Hat went missing with all on board the FEV 22nd 1944 .

SANY0507

SANY0502SANY0503SANY0491

• Like 27

Hello Pierre,

Glad to see her finished…. After so much struggle and setbacks !

It started with 2 banana shaped half fuselages and these bananas were warped just to add outrage to the insults !!

Now you can be proud of this achievment !! As I followed the build in the flesh, I very oftenly thinked that it was crazy to keep carryin' on !! :phew:

Great job on tha beast !! :partytime:

And now ?? The Hampden ??? :frantic:

I think that @general melchett is on its way with its Hampden…. Before going on with the Battle's…

Sincerely. :cheers:

CC

• Thanks 1

Wow,.... it is very nice to see one of these built up,..... I cut the parts out for mine and then put them back in the bag!!! I`ve always liked the artwork on `Medicine Hat' and intend to build it in 1/72nd scale at some point,........ well done on making such a nice job from a very challenging starting point,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tonyot said:

intend to build it in 1/72nd scale at some point,

I've just seen what @tonyot has written & see what @corsaircorp has written too & gone back to look at the tags (I was on my phone at work last night) & realised just what you have done, that makes it so much more of a triumph, doubly if not trebly so. 👍

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Greg Law said:

I can't let is one go by. This is quite a stunning achievement. It must be a big plane as well. Sounds like it was worse than the Hampton which is saying something.

A big well done from me. 

Hello Greg,

just pay a look at the Hampden's thread !!

There are 2 of it, one by BS103 and the other one By the General Melchett, and both are Fonderie 1/48

Stunners for sure !

Sincerely. 

CC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Greg,

just pay a look at the Hampden's thread !!

There are 2 of it, one by BS103 and the other one By the General Melchett, and both are Fonderie 1/48

Stunners for sure !

Sincerely. 

CC

Yes, I am aware of the Hampton threads. The boys are doing a great job of them. Looks more like scratch building. I have the kit so know how bad it is first hand. This is why I made the comment on the Hallifax. I must catch-up on the a Hampden thread.

• Like 1

What a fantastic result, I bought two of those kits and sold both on even though the Halifax is one of my favourites, one look in the box was enough.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Great job Pierre, you've really got to grips with what is essentially a pretty intensive piece of plastic/resin/metal/filler. Fantastic choice of markings too. I really must have a go at finishing mine, I've finally got all the extra bits now so really no excuse, (except time, as usual) ...we could do with a lot more 1/48th Halibags on the circuit.

Message replied to

The Hampden is progressing slowly, unfortunately, it won't be ready in time for Telford this time around...:confused:

Melchie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2018 at 11:06 AM, general melchett said:

Great job Pierre, you've really got to grips with what is essentially a pretty intensive piece of plastic/resin/metal/filler. Fantastic choice of markings too. I really must have a go at finishing mine, I've finally got all the extra bits now so really no excuse, (except time, as usual) ...we could do with a lot more 1/48th Halibags on the circuit.

Message replied to

The Hampden is progressing slowly, unfortunately, it won't be ready in time for Telford this time around...:confused:

Melchie

Hello Dear General,

So that will ake a super BC Sig next year !!

More Halibag ?? Let's push Mr and Mrs Airfix to give us one !!

Can't wait to see these Hampdens.

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

Thanks CC, I'll see what the other guys on the SIG think about doing a 1/48th Halibag display....we've got quite a few now. A couple of years ago we had a Stirling display but in 1/72nd as no one had finished a 1/48th beast back then, but when my old mucka Neil (woody37) finishes his beauty we can redress that little problem.

Yes, I'd also like to see Airfix turn out a big Halifax....or Manchester....or Hampden (but not until I've finished mine or I'll have to shoot something!)...or wimpy....or Lincoln.....or.....ad infinitum 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Thanks CC, I'll see what the other guys on the SIG think about doing a 1/48th Halibag display....we've got quite a few now. A couple of years ago we had a Stirling display but in 1/72nd as no one had finished a 1/48th beast back then, but when my old mucka Neil (woody37) finishes his beauty we can redress that little problem.

Yes, I'd also like to see Airfix turn out a big Halifax....or Manchester....or Hampden (but not until I've finished mine or I'll have to shoot something!)...or wimpy....or Lincoln.....or.....ad infinitum 

1/48 Halifax display....or perhaps 1/32 lancaster display 🤪

id like to see Airfix do all the big heavies in 48 scale, I think you need to use your influence more young General 😂

• Like 2

I think you need to use your influence more young General 

I'm doing my level best....when I see Simon next weekend I'm going to use the old Vulcan 'mind-meld' trick...you get his attention and I'll catch him totally off guard..... on second thoughts I'm not sure he'd want to share what's going on in my head!

or perhaps 1/32 lancaster display 

Now there's an idea....just one small thing...who exactly is funding this? :doh:

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...
On 11/4/2018 at 12:10 PM, general melchett said:

I'm doing my level best....when I see Simon next weekend I'm going to use the old Vulcan 'mind-meld' trick...you get his attention and I'll catch him totally off guard..... on second thoughts I'm not sure he'd want to share what's going on in my head!

Now there's an idea....just one small thing...who exactly is funding this? :doh:

Hello Dear General !

Pierre's Flying suitcase is about to enter the paint booth !

She will be ready for SMW, Rocket fuel is on too !!

Hope that I will get through the new customs rules !

Sincerely

CC

• Haha 1

Hello Dear General !

Pierre's Flying suitcase is about to enter the paint booth !

She will be ready for SMW, Rocket fuel is on too !!

Hope that I will get through the new customs rules !

My dear CC, that's wonderful news, I'm afraid mine hasn't progressed beyond the hacked to death and bunged back together stage, but I will get around to it at some point. Look forward to seeing Pierre's suitcase. I'm sure HM Customs will go easy on you, a few weeks in solitary will be well worth the risk. Martian and I will visit you on a semi-regular basis, promise! See you at the show, (providing they let you out on day release)...

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2019 at 12:58 PM, general melchett said:

My dear CC, that's wonderful news, I'm afraid mine hasn't progressed beyond the hacked to death and bunged back together stage, but I will get around to it at some point. Look forward to seeing Pierre's suitcase. I'm sure HM Customs will go easy on you, a few weeks in solitary will be well worth the risk. Martian and I will visit you on a semi-regular basis, promise! See you at the show, (providing they let you out on day release)...

Hello Dears !!

I won my bet !! Unchanged customs rules, So ! I'll get through with both kits AND rocket fuel !! :thumbsup:

So, we will have our great beer tasting surrounded by models and modellng stuff !!

Now, I can use a full bag of sarcasm at the 2 retailers I know... 

They cancelled their attendance at SMW on account of Brexit related fears !!:evil_laugh:

Let's have some fun !! I'm less present these days because I crack on my Roc #2

Following the sound advice of our Dear ETI, @Martian Hale will enjoy a full tasting, bin bag is ready !!

See you both Friday maybe, and Sat & Sun of course !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 3

That’s heartening news CC, I’m sure my letter to my local MP asking him to insist on an extension until Telford is over will have carried weight. (either that or showing him the contents of my little red book). I’ll be there on Friday, setting up but only for a short time as we have a hectic schedule. I’m sure I’ll catch up with you on Sat and Sunday at some point....remember, a bin bag isn’t just for Christmas...

• Haha 2