Iwata Triple Action Handle

nheather

I used to stock them many years ago. 

Always thought they were a bit overpriced, but Iwata branded stuff always is.

If they are still selling them, I guess some people are buying them & they look to be cheaper than buying a standard preset handle.

Paul

Pretty awful, and ugly.

The preset works by partly unscrewing the handle.

The large knob caused some people to over tighten and break the aux levers off their chucking guides....their fault I know.

Put the needle set screw on just a hair far out and if you drop on the back it rams the needle into the nozzle , flaring your nozzle.

Thanks, pretty much what I had concluded myself.  

I did an extensive Google search and found very little which makes me think there are not many in circulation.

There are a couple of out of the box reviews which are positive, but I am suspicious of those because they don’t actually go as far as using them plus they may be biassed if they get thier review samples for free.

And I’ve seen a couple of forum threads, one suggesting that it causes bent needles and the other being indifferent to critical - comments ranging from no real benefit to throws the brush out if balance.

So going to pass on that one.

Cheers,

Nigel

Edited by nheather
  • Like 1

Without looking into it too much.

There was another iwata handle that had some similar functionality.

It violated a badger patent and got pulled.

I kind of think that may be why the inventors name is displayed prominently on the package. Making him the fall guy since this handle would actually violate the same badger patent.

Anyhow, that may also contribute to the scarcity besides people just not liking them all that well.

Just spotted something else about the design which as an engineer I find really offensive.

To set the limit you partially unscrew the handle - what a lazy half-baked design.

Definitely won’t be getting one.

Cheers,

Nigel

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Robbyrockett said:

:)

Thanks, yes missed that.  It wasn’t until I saw a video on Youtube that the full horror of the terrible design dawned on me.  Even then I thought the ‘reviewer’ must have that wrong because no designer in the world would be happy with that so I found and downloaded the instructions.  Sure enough that is how it is meant to work, it’s as if the designer just couldn’t be bothered.

• Like 1