Gotha Vb

dov

Hallo again

Here is my Gotha Vb in 1/72 from Roden. It was a challenge for me this huge bomber and the first time the decaling the wings and fuselage. Some years ago for our special exhibition at the Austrian Army museum. Today my AEG from WNW is in the pipeline.

Fun to build. Nice the task of the rigging.

vZjjYFc.jpg

DIfD2Ic.jpg

QjGpFpo.jpg

Tcwdmj1.jpg

fG2yQQa.jpg

Happy modelling   

• Like 47
  • Thanks 1

This is a very impressive build, just an excellent job!  You deserve a medal just for getting their decals to look this great but the whole plane turned out wonderful.  Very nice rigging too.

Super model in every department. I have one of these in the roof started, but then I got bored and heard about the Roden transfers. Were they as difficult to put on as some modellers have suggested?

I am not sure whether I will ever restart the kit now as I find scratch building more satisfying, but if the transfers are viable then....

P

Well, actually the transfers need to be careful.

1. Water should not be hot or too warm. Handwarm or a bit more!
  2. Some tricky thing yes.
  3. Wing undersurface is always first after fuselage.
  4. Patience for the rib stribs.
  5. That is it!

• 3 months later...

Hallo again

This Gotha Vb in 1/72 broke apart in many pieces, when a storm blew my box with this model away. It was after a model exhibition at the Austrian Army Museum in Vienna in 2010. The model was gone and I was in tears. So much work in vain! A friend of mine collected all the debris and took it home. Now after 9 years he brought it back as you see it on the photo. Many parts he had to guess and scratch. He gave it as a birthday present to my close birthday at Friday 22nd February 2019.

The same faith had my RAF bomber, the HP Hampden which was also scattered in the storm, my friend build up again as MET flight a/c.

Happy modelling   

y4drm1f.jpg

15m2Ad2.jpg

ChtcT1j.jpg

CVq8glW.jpg

s22HoyJ.jpg

bkvv2aI.jpg

reHkDdC.jpg

6qyiz8R.jpg

8Eu9yS8.jpg

l6vPTVF.jpg

uhhT2P4.jpg

TJygvrb.jpg

j0cspO1.jpg

• Like 3

Clearly you have a very good friend! Wonderful restoration. I have one of these in the roof which I started any years ago and then became distracted by scratch building: I doubt whether I will finish it now: perhaps I need a friend like yours!.

P