Classic Airfix Concorde for 2019

malpaso

4 hours ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Yes, its gone again.

Its interesting to note the whole classic range has now been reduced to three pages on the Airfix site, from the five and half to six pages previously.

Tommo.

I don't think there is anything sinister about it. With Airfix promising a " wealth of new tools" for 2020 ,I suspect that they will be concentrating their resources on these items rather than the Vintage Classic range.

We will find out soon enough because I expect Airfix will include an announcement about the Vintage Classics when the full 2020 range is announced

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

3 hours ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

I didn't say it was, I was merely making an observation.

Tommo.

I know you didn't. And. I never accused you of saying it. I was simply making my own observation.

Allan

35 minutes ago, IanHx said:

Tried clicking on it ?   (error 404)

I wonder if it's being reintroduced, just not as a vintage classic ?  (  ie a full price release seeing as it's a bit popular)

I tried that. Same result.

Then I tried entering Concorde / Concorde Vintage Classics in search. No results. It's gone!

Of course, with the imminent publication of the 2020 programme, I would expect some sort of announcement then

Allan

It's not a great state of affairs but given the fiorthcoming announcements and the chief executive's publicly expressed opinion that the whole of Hornby's web presence is in serious need of redevelopment, I don't think anything that happens on the Airfix website between now and 6 January is necessarily a reliable guide to the future. Be brave and let's see what we see  on 6 Jan.

40 minutes ago, IanHx said:

Tried clicking on it ?   (error 404)

All I'm getting is: "This product is restricted and can be only viewed by specific customers".

52 minutes ago, IanHx said:

I wonder if it's being reintroduced, just not as a vintage classic ?  (  ie a full price release seeing as it's a bit popular)

Possibly, if the 'classic range' is being throttled back or phased out.  I personally didn't think the price point of the classic range reflected the nature of the kits being sold, so it could easily transfer across - given the classic Concorde originally had a price point of £18.99.

Tommo.

I sent an e-mail just before the Holidays and received this

Good afternoon Nicholas,

Thank you for contacting us.

The A05170V - Concorde Prototype BOAC is a pre-order product expected to arrive early 2020. Please keep an eye on the website in the new year for any updates.

Many thanks.

Yours sincerely,

Shannen Burns

Customer Care Assistant

T:+44 (0)1843 233512

www.hornby.com

I think that it will arrive but when in 2020 is another matter ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

A 1/144 Concorde is listed among the Airfix new arrivals for 2021. However, it is hard to judge if it is this old one or a rebox of another brand, Airfix don't do reboxes these days, but on the other handm the new BA livery seems very far off from the prototype. 

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2021/concorde-gift-set.html

1 hour ago, Beermonster1958 said:

It's most certainly not the 1967 kit (now 18 months late).

It's the production Concorde and, presumably the 1976 Airfix original.

Shown on the YouTube programme.

At £30 though I think it's, a little over priced.

John

You are surely right, I forgot about that one. Strange decision to release it instead of the BOAC prototype which at least contains some nostalgia. This one is just a pretty bad kit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

I got mine! A large box containing 6 arrived yesterday!!, 😉😂

John

Wow, six of them? Will you be doing WIP threads for them all? 

• Like 1