Revell 1/72nd Halifax Mk.III, 346 `Guyenne' Sqn, Free French AF, RAF Elvington 1944.

1 hour ago, dogsbody said:

Another quibble I have with this kit is the engine gear casings that look more like Wright Cyclone casings than the proper Bristol Hercules.

Chris

Thanks.  I shall have to take a look. 

Another beautiful model Tony. The build and paint finish is first class, especially the realistic weathering so much better looking than the white panel and black edging current fashion!! And brush painted too.

Thanks for showing your work.

Jeff

• Like 1

6 hours ago, woody37 said:

Stunning mate. Have you a link to the Ellington video in English? I have only been able to find one in French

i love the free French scheme and you’ve pulled this off well :)

Cheers Neil,

There is a short film on the web but I bought a video/dvd from Elvington years ago with the full film on it,...... lots of footage around the control tower which seems eerie,.... knowing it so well these days as we do,..... with crews leaving the briefing room in flying kit and loading onto lorries outside the hut where the shop now is!

Mine still isn`t a patch on your French Halibag!

All the best mate

Tony

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

Glad to see this completed Tony, you did a great job as usual ! I'm happy to have contributed to the final result, but without your skills it would have not been as good

Thanks Giorgio,.......  I`m very, very grateful to you for going out of your way to help,..... you are a true gentleman sir,

Cheers

Tony

Very nice Halifax!

The subtle treatment of the black surfaces looks very realistic, which is kind-of important for such a plane.

Your build inspires me to consider the kit for my stash (but my Wife must not find out).

:goodjob:

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2018 at 11:27 PM, tonyot said:

Cheers Neil,

There is a short film on the web but I bought a video/dvd from Elvington years ago with the full film on it,...... lots of footage around the control tower which seems eerie,.... knowing it so well these days as we do,..... with crews leaving the briefing room in flying kit and loading onto lorries outside the hut where the shop now is!

Mine still isn`t a patch on your French Halibag!

All the best mate

Tony

I will try to get the video from them mate, thanks.

i think your memory is fading, this is gorgeous :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I missed this one earlier Tony, lovely job mate, really looks the part, my favourite version of the old kite. Even better when you consider you took a brush to it.

I've also got one of these in the stash along with a few essential improvements like Johns props, Colin's H2S radome and the gorgeous Armory wheels which really add a lot to the basic kit. 

Excellent Halibag...:cheers:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, general melchett said:

Sorry, I missed this one earlier Tony, lovely job mate, really looks the part, my favourite version of the old kite. Even better when you consider you took a brush to it.

I've also got one of these in the stash along with a few essential improvements like Johns props, Colin's H2S radome and the gorgeous Armory wheels which really add a lot to the basic kit. 

Excellent Halibag...:cheers:

Cheers Andy,

I had an old Matchbox H2S blister ready to add which then went missing,..only to rear its head again at the end of the build,......our ghost playing tricks again! I`ve just bought a set of those Armoury wheels for another Halibag that I have planned,.... they are great aren`t they?

Look forward to seeing what you do with yours,...... you might want to do something with the air intakes on top of the cowlings as they are not great,...... if only John still did his range of parts eh! His props and intakes for the Halibag, plus his exhausts were superb.

All the best

Tony 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark Joyce said:

Very nicely done, and I like the subtle weathering.  The exhausts really stand out--I'll keep them in mind on my next heavy bomber build.  Great nose art too!

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Glad you like it, although I cannot take the credit for the nose art,... that was a very clever fellow Britmodeller,

Cheers

Tony 

you might want to do something with the air intakes on top of the cowlings as they are not great,...... if only John still did his range of parts eh! His props and intakes for the Halibag, plus his exhausts were superb.

All the best

Now funny you should say that...I'm seeing John again in a couple of weeks so I might just have to mention that! :winkgrin:

• Like 1