Revell 1/72nd Halifax Mk.III, 346 `Guyenne' Sqn, Free French AF, RAF Elvington 1944.

2 minutes ago, General Jumbo said:

Nice build. I built the airfix BIII years ago and the old matchbox BI before that! Always liked the Halifax.

Is the revell kit a re-pop of an amended matchbox mould? I'm assuming it must be a bit more up to date than that?

Cheers,...... this is the brand `new' Revell Halifax (not the Matchbox version which they also released) which had new wings and engines included to allow a Hercules engined variant to be built.

ToT,

What can I say? Another beautiful build! You are a master of the 'hairy stick!' I could swear you are airbrushing on the sly, as I don't think I could do any better with my airbrush when I get around to mine! I have always had a soft spot for the Halibag- especially the radial-engine versions, and you have done the type justice.Colors are spot-on in my view, and whatever you used for night looks very convincing. I am impressed! 👍:mike:

Mike

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 72modeler said:

ToT,

What can I say? Another beautiful build! You are a master of the 'hairy stick!' I could swear you are airbrushing on the sly, as I don't think I could do any better with my airbrush when I get around to mine! I have always had a soft spot for the Halibag- especially the radial-engine versions, and you have done the type justice.Colors are spot-on in my view, and whatever you used for night looks very convincing. I am impressed! 👍:mike:

Mike

Cheers Mike,..... I did cheat and used aTamiya Semi Gloss Black rattle can for the black. The uppers and varnish are all brush though! 

All the best

Tony

15 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

Impressive Halifax indeed! And your brushwork fills me with envy. 😉

Wouldn't have minded a close up of that nose art…

Superb modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks Joachim,..... do these help,.... I`ve cropped a couple of pics,...... the WIP which I`ve attached to the original post also has some great close ups of the artwork;

DSCF5139_NEW_NEWDSCF5141_NEW_NEW

Cheers

Tony

• Like 4

Yet another beautiful model, Tony.  A great paint finish and the Halibag looks terrific in those French roundels.  Like others have said, one could easily believe this was airbrushed.  I just hope I can achieve similar results. 

I always think the B.III looks very efficient compared to the somewhat ungainly B.I.  I have the kit in the stash and I must say it looks great.  My only reservation is the H2S dome which doesn't look right to me.  Thankfully I should have a spare from Revell's Lancaster which I hope I can get to fit.  Mine's going to be Elvington's Friday 13th.  I got the Sky Models decal set for the Halifax only for a fellow Britmodeller (I'm afraid I can't remember who) to point out that they got the colours wrong.  Managed to get an Airfix set on everyone's favourite auction site though.  

Glad it got finished Tony look's superb,alway's nice to see a four engine heavy finished and presented (the damn thing's alway's defeat me) especially

nice to see a tribute to the often forgotten bomber crew's from the occupied countries that fought that long hard campaign,great work!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Yet another beautiful model, Tony.  A great paint finish and the Halibag looks terrific in those French roundels.  Like others have said, one could easily believe this was airbrushed.  I just hope I can achieve similar results. 

I always think the B.III looks very efficient compared to the somewhat ungainly B.I.  I have the kit in the stash and I must say it looks great.  My only reservation is the H2S dome which doesn't look right to me.  Thankfully I should have a spare from Revell's Lancaster which I hope I can get to fit.  Mine's going to be Elvington's Friday 13th.  I got the Sky Models decal set for the Halifax only for a fellow Britmodeller (I'm afraid I can't remember who) to point out that they got the colours wrong.  Managed to get an Airfix set on everyone's favourite auction site though.  

Cheers,...... yes you are right about the H2S blister,.... the kit one is rubbish! I had one from the old Matchbox kit put aside for this model but when it came to fitting it I couldn`t find it anywhere,...... even though I could have sworn that I`d put it in the box,..... there is even a photo of it in the WIP! So I fitted the kit item instead and I`m not happy with it..... instead of being a nice rounded voluptuous shape like the real thing the Revell part looks part deflated and saggy in comparison! 

• Haha 1

Hello,Tony - Another superb looking build here.The ‘Halifax’ is a great subject to model and this beautifully finished example is a fine tribute to the type.

All The Best,Paul.👏😉👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tonyot said:

Cheers,...... yes you are right about the H2S blister,.... the kit one is rubbish! I had one from the old Matchbox kit put aside for this model but when it came to fitting it I couldn`t find it anywhere,...... even though I could have sworn that I`d put it in the box,..... there is even a photo of it in the WIP! So I fitted the kit item instead and I`m not happy with it..... instead of being a nice rounded voluptuous shape like the real thing the Revell part looks part deflated and saggy in comparison! 

Carpet monster strikes again!

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:47 AM, Meatbox8 said:

Another quibble I have with this kit is the engine gear casings that look more like Wright Cyclone casings than the proper Bristol Hercules.

Chris