Hitachi Zaxis 135US Excavator - Hasegawa 1:35

I have been building this Hasegawa Hitachi Zaxis 135US excavator kit:

spacer.png

If you care to have a look, the build thread is here:

And here are some pictures of the result. I'm quite pleased with the outcome, but as always I also see a lot of flaws, but let's not dwell more on that right now. 😀 Please enjoy!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Lennart

Edited by Svedberg
Bad image links.
  • Like 14

9 hours ago, Svedberg said:

And here are some pictures of the result. I'm quite pleased with the outcome, but as always I also see a lot of flaws, but let's not dwell more on that right now. 😀 Please enjoy!

I suspect it's part of the nature of the average model-builder to notice all the flaws in our own models while appreciating the hard work and skill which goes into other people's builds. As far as I can see, this model is pretty close to being flawless, certainly something to be proud of, and from to me it suggests you are somewhat above being an "average model-builder".

• Thanks 1

Thank you  @Gary29, @harveyb258, @JeroenS, @Bill.B, @Spiny @AndyRM101 for your kind words. And everybody else for all for your 'likes'!

My intention is to eventually build a diorama featuring this digger in a road construction or maintenance scene. Some day... 

Edited by Svedberg

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Natter said:

Flip me that's good.  The only thing missing is a grotty red-top tabloid left on the seat when the driver stopped for a comfort-break.

Great idea! I have just started on a dioarama where the digger will be the center piece. A left-behind tabloid and a "missing" driver might be a nice detail 😀

I will be describing the diorama build in this thread: