3rd Time Lucky - Back with a Vengeance ! FINISHED

JOCKNEY

well done Pat, looks like you've finally tamed her! :whip:

She is a bit of an odd looking aircraft, but it nice to see one in the build.

I bet those 20mm cannons in the rear would have been a handful to operate!! :D

• Like 1

Muppetry on my part has uncovered why there was no mounting points for the undercarriage legs, that's because they are attached to the covers that actually insert into the slot in the wing. Blooming obvious when you look at it, but not at the time !

IMG_4133

• Like 3

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

gosh the U/c and door setup is a bit odd looking

I think you are being kind !

I am going to try filling the gap between the insert and the wing to see if that improves things.

she looks so much better with a coat of paint, just remember the paint faded pretty quickly on these and most aircraft due to the conditions. So a tatty and uneven finish, especially on the uppers surfaces won't matter at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Have to agree with you there. Second coat should help. Also need to get the ground crew to clean up the tire. Just kidding on the tire issue. 😉

Well spotted !

I need to paint the wheel hub blue, next time I'll wear my glasses !

cheers Pat

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Looking good Pat, whose paints are you using?

Steve.

Hi Steve

Nothing posh, just Humbrol

Foliage Green H149

Earth Brown H29

Sky H248

Not looking forward to masking that canopy, reminds me of the blooming Frog Barracuda !

cheers Pat  

• Thanks 1

The paint work looks a lot better now. Well do that man..... The groundcrew can have an extra beer tonight.

I will have to get my groundcrew on to the Zero's tiers today between the bombing runs. They are a slack bunch.  First bomb explosion and they drop tools and run like frightened rabbits into their holes.

Edited by Greg Law
  • Like 1

Canopy masking hasn't gone well, I have had some leakage under the tape.

IMG_4159

I will wait for the paint to harden and see if I can scrape it off.

Looking forward to getting this one finished then I can watch this GB as a spectator !

cheers Pat

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

then I can watch this GB as a spectator !

I’ve certainly felt like that at times, however it was everyone’s great progress that perked me up again.

This Vengie is looking quite good Pat. Now I hope you don’t mind me suggesting this, but I recommend you take a fine brush and try to smooth out a few of those slightly jagged camo lines. I know this requires a steady hand but the results will be a great improvement. From what I can see there aren’t that many and by the look of it the whole model is taking shape nicely. 

Cheers and well done mate.. Dave 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I will wait for the paint to harden and see if I can scrape it off.

I'm not surprised about the canopy leakage. It looks a real hard one to get a clean masking finish.

You also appear to have some leakage at the base of the fin which would be easy to fix.

Hope you don't mind the suggestions. We just would like to see a real good finish on this unusual model.

Edited by Greg Law
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Greg

Well spotted, I'll try to fix these while doing Daves Camo mods 

cheers Pat

Good to see that you’ve taken our advice with the right intent Pat. We are not master modellers by any stretch, however are willing to share a few tips so that we can all learn something new and improve with each kit we build. The day I turn ‘pro’ will be the morning after I realise I’m already six foot under! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 1