3rd Time Lucky - Back with a Vengeance ! FINISHED

JOCKNEY

...now what do we use to knock a few of those rough edges off Pat??? :rofl2:

for the canopy you could try using some toothpicks dipped in a little thinners (just so they are damp), this will help remove the paint without scratching the canopy.

We'll turn you into an Aussie yet Pat. :D

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Pat, your Lobotomy’s booked in for 2:00pm sharp! Both Rich and I will be overseeing your operation / conversion so ‘trust us’ you’re in good hands!! 

If we’re both running a bit late, don’t fret, we’re probably downing a few cold ones before we start work! 

Cheers and see you then! .. Dave 

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, trickyrich said:

...now what do we use to know a few of those rough edges off Pat??? :rofl2:

for the canopy you could try using some toothpicks dipped in a little thinners (just so they are damp), this will help remove the paint without scratching the canopy.

Oh great "Pat the POM" I thought I had it bad enough being a Cockney in Scotland !

• Haha 1

Having been rightly sent to the naughty corner over the standard of painting I have been hopefully improving things, and trying to fit the canopy. Which by the way is an awful fit, so I have had to use filler to bridge the gaps !

IMG_4162

• Like 5

don't you have a permanent reservation there? :D

She looks good Pat, some decals and she's done. :thumbsup:

I don't know what it is with manufactures and ill fitting canopies, been having a fight with gaps on my special Hobby P-39's canopy as well! :rant:

• Haha 1

Yes, it is tough when others expect a lot form you..... Here's another one. It needs a tiny drop of brown on the edge of the white at the wing joints.

But it is your call. I think you are doing very well so far. I'm having to torture myself over the final fixes on the Do 217. Just tried to do a simple job of gluing 

the entry hatch to the fuselage and the CA. wouldn't go off. Then I tried to CA. a gun barrel on. Ca. wouldn't go hard. It has to be the atmosphere. 

Now I have to repaint little areas where the glue messed edges up. 

As you know I'm a less than average modeller, but one thing I try to do is touch up edges that are not quite right. It takes time and can be gut wrenching at times

because of my tremor, but I try. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up on the wing paint, you should do quality control as a living Greg, you're a natural !

I have applied the decals, which took a bit of applying, I need to remove some of the setting solutions from the wings as you will see in the picture below, but overall I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

I do hope I haven't upset Rich by finishing this kit, the last thing I want to do is wind him up and annoy him :wicked: :whistle:

Cheers Pat

IMG_4170

IMG_4171

IMG_4172

• Like 10

Pats finished a build!!!   :gobsmacked:

:D well done mate, great to see her finished and you've done a great job on her as well, there's still life in these old kits and it great seeing them being built.

I hope you enjoyed the build, it's always fun to have you along, well done.:thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Thanks for the heads up on the wing paint, you should do quality control as a living Greg, you're a natural !

I have applied the decals, which took a bit of applying, I need to remove some of the setting solutions from the wings as you will see in the picture below, but overall I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

I do hope I haven't upset Rich by finishing this kit, the last thing I want to do is wind him up and annoy him :wicked: :whistle:

Cheers Pat

IMG_4170

IMG_4171

IMG_4172

Looking good Pat. Sorry for the pestering. Feel free to check my builds as I'm going along. I think it helps to have another set of eyes on your work. Dave does this for me and it has been a big help. My Dornier wouldn't be where it is if it wasn't for his help. I have had that problem with the setting solution on my bf 109. If I remember right the Matt coat helped in the end. Your model does the plane proud and as you say you got it done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Looking good Pat. Sorry for the pestering. Feel free to check my builds as I'm going along. I think it helps to have another set of eyes on your work. Dave does this for me and it has been a big help. My Dornier wouldn't be where it is if it wasn't for his help. I have had that problem with the setting solution on my bf 109. If I remember right the Matt coat helped in the end. Your model does the plane proud and as you say you got it done.

Hi Greg

Thanks very much for all the support and advice, really appreciated. Glad you like how it turned out. 

I have a couple of other builds on the go now, one in the B-17 GB and the other in the Maritime GB, I must be a glutton for punishment ! :frantic:

cheers Pat

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

I have just started on a Chematic Vengeance.  I am building it for a friend.  His father was in the RAF and flew in the CBI theatre as a gunner in a Vengeance. He told me a couple of stories about the aircraft. I would have liked to hear more but...

I have been trimming the parts and dry fitting. I was assembling the engine and thought that part #19 was a strange fit. I was then reading the chain of posts and comments. Thanks Pat for the heads-up re the drawing being wrong. 

One wing (Port) would not fit correctly. I removed some plastic from the inner back trailing edge of the lower wing section and the fit in now fine. With the top wing section in place the mod is invisible.

I have ordered a vac canopy as the supplied one is very thick and has several deformities.

I will have to do some work on the cockpit and crew.

The decals are a concern but they will be a few weeks away.

Camo colours are another area I have concerns about. There seems to be conflicting info re underside Sky, Light Grey or ...?The upper surfaces are also an area I want to clarify but with fade etc I am not as concerned.

Alan 🖖

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 15/04/2019 at 06:16, Alan G said:

My model is made from black plastic which is another issue to deal with.

Alan 🖖

Hi Alan

I hope you are well how did you get on with the Vengeance  ?

cheers Pat

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everone,

My work on the Vengeance is on hold at the moment. I have been busy with some other projects and have also been gathering some info and some additional "plastic" etc for use on the Vengeance.

To give some background, a friends father, who has since passed, flew in the Vengeance in the 110 Squadron in Burma. He occupied the back seat. I am building this model as a result of the stories he had shared with me. I would like to get it "as right as possible" before I start.

Alan G

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 23/01/2020 at 03:47, Alan G said:

Hi Everone,

My work on the Vengeance is on hold at the moment. I have been busy with some other projects and have also been gathering some info and some additional "plastic" etc for use on the Vengeance.

To give some background, a friends father, who has since passed, flew in the Vengeance in the 110 Squadron in Burma. He occupied the back seat. I am building this model as a result of the stories he had shared with me. I would like to get it "as right as possible" before I start.

Alan G

Hi Alan

I've just found another one of these in the stash and was tempted to build it in the current Anzac GB as a pressie for an Aussie mate.

Did you ever get round to starting on yours, I'd love to see it ?

cheers Pat