Aces!!!

Paul J

On 10/31/2018 at 7:23 PM, Paul J said:

Good response!   I must add that despite I suggested it I am not too keen in hosting but willing to help as co host. 

Definitely not sure about the Quadrophenia  idea.........  sorry. but how does a Mod on a scooter rate an Ace??? And in what war???😒  Proper rules to be announced if this GB gets a go ahead.

So far interested parties are:

1. Corsairfoxfouruncle 

2. Arniec

3. Grey Beema

4. Rob G (??)

5. Trickyrich

6. Rabbit Leader

7. zegeye

8. TEMPEST MKV

9. Knight Flyer

10. antoine

11. Andwil

12. VppelT68

13. Valkyrie

arr Paul, there's seems to be a noticeable absence in this list :whistle:  ...............the one who started it?  :D

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

arr Paul, there's seems to be a noticeable absence in this list :whistle:  ...............the one who started it?  :D

Do you mean me??/ Must have had a blonde moment.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

As if I would not see enough bloodshed in the November horizon yet, but let´s pump this marvelous GB idea up and forward and into that bumfight too. Everybody loves an ace, right? V-P

I'm in. Who knows how many potential subjects I have? Mannock, McCudden, Guynemer, The Red Baron (Albatross or Fokker Dr.I), and probably a whole lot more from WWI alone.

• Like 1

So my list of top choices is down to these 1) Boyington, 2) R.S.Tuck, 3) Josef Pips Priller, 4) Adolph Malan, 5) Pat Pattle, 6) Clive R. Caldwell 7) Bobby Gibbes, 8 ) Leonard Kit Carson, 9) Dick Bong, 10) Charles Macdonald, 11) Adolf Galland, 12) Hans-Joachim Marseille, 12a) Walter Nowotny, and many others. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a wee question to ask.....would if be ok to build an aircraft flown by and Ace before he was an Ace???

As I am looking at getting GasPatch's Hs-123B1 with come with the scheme for Adolf Galland's aircraft. His first aerial victory didn't occur until 1940 over Belgium.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

I have a wee question to ask.....would if be ok to build an aircraft flown by and Ace before he was an Ace???

As I am looking at getting GasPatch's Hs-123B1 with come with the scheme for Adolf Galland's aircraft. His first aerial victory didn't occur until 1940 over Belgium.

Oooh Good Question Rich ? I could do one of Prillers E-1’s from the pre-war period ? That can be a final note to my ongoing Priller build series. 

It's not up to me but as I'm allowed to express my opinion, I think it would be kinda hard to limit the subject to only those machines used after the "acehood" was reached. Just think of those "aces in a day" who maybe never gained another victory with another aircraft/tank/etc after that and if you couldn't model The One in this GB? No... Btw,  in my opinion 10 aces each gaining 5 victories made a larger contribution to war effort than 1 ace with 50 victories! V-P