Aces!!!

Paul J

Not sure if its been done but how about an Aces GB  Lots of aircraft available. Even Tanks and subs and maybe other nautical vessels. As long as the person in charge of that aeroplane, tank or whatever, had that claim to fame of being an ACE in their role.  WW1, WW2, Korean,and 'Nam wars and any other in between would be OK.

All air arms, sea arms and land arms  of all nations using warlike stuff welcome.

• Like 3

now this is a new and interesting idea and I love!

There are some really interesting and unusual choices available.

6 hours ago, Arniec said:

OMG! Another GB I am interested in. I am getting into trouble the next few years with all these great ideas! :hmmm:

Cheers,

are you love it Arnold

• Like 1

As someone who seems to collect many related Osprey titles and DK decals ‘Aces’ sheets, this would appear to be a ‘Must Join’ GB. Please count me in. T’would also be nice to see a a set of three to four aircraft kits that at some point were all flown by the one Ace, now that’s something to think about? 

Cheers.. Dave 

Good response!   I must add that despite I suggested it I am not too keen in hosting but willing to help as co host. 

Definitely not sure about the Quadrophenia  idea.........  sorry. but how does a Mod on a scooter rate an Ace??? And in what war???😒  Proper rules to be announced if this GB gets a go ahead.

So far interested parties are:

1. Corsairfoxfouruncle 

2. Arniec

3. Grey Beema

4. Rob G (??)

5. Trickyrich

6. Rabbit Leader

7. zegeye

8. TEMPEST MKV

9. Knight Flyer

10. antoine

11. Andwil

12. VppelT68

13. Valkyrie

14. Ted

15. caerbannog

16.  oh! and me . Paul J

17. the plastic surgeon

18. Jack G

35 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Definitely not sure about the Quadrophenia  idea.........  sorry. but how does a Mod rate an Ace??? And in what war???😒  Proper rules to be announced if this GB gets a go ahead.

Wikipedia has a extensive list of aces (see under Flying Ace), that would provide a quick way to define an ace. 

Outside of aircraft I think the definition gets a lot harder.

Cheers, Paul

13 hours ago, Paul_B said:

Outside of aircraft I think the definition gets a lot harder.

Tanks is one I can think of, however it seems Panzer aces get all the "publicity" - Wittmann, Carius etc I'm sure looking on the net should name Allies tank aces, just a question of confirming the markings and decals I guess.

6 hours ago, Knight_Flyer said:

Tanks is one I can think of, however it seems Panzer aces get all the "publicity" - Wittmann, Carius etc I'm sure looking on the net should name Allies tank aces, just a question of confirming the markings and decals I guess.

Sgt. W. Harris and his gunner D. Mackillop immediately came to my mind. In Lingevres mid-june -44 they knocked out five Panzer Lehr Panthers with their Firefly, of 4th troop A Squadron of 4/7 Royal Dragoon Guards. The Firefly would probably have been a mark Vc. V-P

• Like 1

Well, it doesn't come to mind of the majority, because it was quickly forgotten, 

During the Battle of Stonne, 16th may 1940, Char B1 Bis "Eure" from the 41ème BCC surprised a German armoured column in the town's main street. Pz.III mostly, with a few Pz.IV. There were thirteen of them. Ltn Pierre Billotte, TC, and its crew, destroyed them all, one after the other. Together with two PAKs found down the street on the other side of Stonne.

Some kind of double ace in a day.

Billotte was later wounded, then captured, and sent to a POW camp in Pomerania.

From there, he escaped to USSR, where he was interned till the beginning of Barbarossa.

He then became France representative in Moscow!!!

But soon he left to the UK to join De Gaulle.

He landed back in France at the head of a 2ème DB tactical group, liberating Paris.

He then became a general, and went into politics after the war.

eure%2001.jpg

• Like 5

On 10/31/2018 at 9:00 AM, Grey Beema said:

Yup, my whole collection is based around Aces - I'm in...

Me too!  Definitely interested in this one.

AW

• 4 months later...

Just an idea but might open it up, Mansell Senna F1 cars, any kind of racing, bikes, trucks....? Skywalkers X-wing? Not raiding the GB just seeing...

Be a WWII Ace for me anyway....

Great idea, I might have to do a couple 

On 01/11/2018 at 08:05, vppelt68 said:

Sgt. W. Harris and his gunner D. Mackillop immediately came to my mind. In Lingevres mid-june -44 they knocked out five Panzer Lehr Panthers with their Firefly, of 4th troop A Squadron of 4/7 Royal Dragoon Guards. The Firefly would probably have been a mark Vc. V-P

Haha this wasn´t actually a sign-in on the GB, but I´d had done that sooner or later anyway, so no need to remove my name from the list. Subject? "Ässä". V-P