Hallo again

Here is my F-35B. The kit is from Kitty Hawk. Scale 1/48.

ry5Oh1M.jpg

JMize8d.jpg

wAjUl11.jpg

qtUN9bh.jpg

gxqqG7D.jpg

The etched parts are from Dreammodel. These are the finest etched parts I ever worked with. Highly recommended.

All masking was hand done.

Happy modelling   

• Like 38

Looking really good!

I really want to give an F-35 kit a go, but I'm spoiled by Tamiya reliability.  What is the best F-35 kit? All the reviews I've read suggest none yet have managed to get the stealth panel line covering right.

10 minutes ago, planehazza said:

Looking really good!

I really want to give an F-35 kit a go, but I'm spoiled by Tamiya reliability.  What is the best F-35 kit? All the reviews I've read suggest none yet have managed to get the stealth panel line covering right.

Don't worry about the stealth panel masking. The new ones being delivered are all one colour. So no masking required.

Rio

Well, planehazza

I used authentic source. I found it in the website of Englin AFB, and their associated sources.

ENGLIN AFB

From there I got all the stealth panel line issue from shape and colors etc. All other sources I do not trust, since many mock up exists too. If you follow the real a/c by serial and date, you get a plink of an idea how the color changes. Even the shape in the 3rd dimension of the sealing is interesting.

My kit was Kitty Hawk. The Dreammodel etched parts are highly recommended.

Happy Modelling

6 minutes ago, rio said:

Don't worry about the stealth panel masking. The new ones being delivered are all one colour. So no masking required.

Rio

Thanks, I was more thinking along the lines of the raised detail apparently being considerably over modelled, or not very well defined etc.  

The old material couldn't be painted, but some new tech or design has allowed them to manufacture them cheaper and with the ability to be painted. Don't quote me on that, I might be wrong.

• 2 years later...

Looks great. This is the first Kitty Hawk model I’ve made and I’m finding the lack of paint colour  recommendations hard to get my head round.

Few of questions - what colour did you paint the clear canopy?

the wing tips have  have landing lights - what colour for which wing?

what colour did you paint the under cockpit glass radar/ guidance unit?

your guidance would be a great help

Very nice indeed,.....lovely modelling,.... but the roundels are missing and some joker appears to have put US stars and bars on instead,.... what a cad!!;)

Seriously,.... nice job mate,

Tony

• Like 1

Few of questions - what colour did you paint the clear canopy?

·        I am not sure if it was painted already from the kit-box or not. If not so I used some smoke from Gunze.

the wing tips have landing lights - what colour for which wing?

·        Red /Blue (P/S)

what colour did you paint the under cockpit glass radar/ guidance unit?

·        Top glass clear, inside according to pics.

·        https://www.af.mil/News/Photos/igphoto/2002136035/

your guidance would be a great help

·        Time past, my knowledge is a little shallow already.

Look here:

https://www.af.mil/News/Photos/igsearch/F-35/

Look at all F-35 photos, think about it and it will keep you bussy during Christmas.

And even other photos, just to get a glimpse what is on today. No story, no guess, just facts!

Happy modelling